Unluckily, I get a brick i600!! Help!!

Guest jackylui

Guest jackylui

Help!! Brothers

I have tried "hepics" 's method to update my i600 to wm6. (please see the methods as below)

For the first attempt, around the end of the process, it took a quite long time without any response.

I then followed hepics's advice to unplug the battery for another reset... it does not help anymore.

Then, I tried one more "flash" but the update hung up at the end also.

I have no choice but try to re-flash it with the GD1 and GA2 roms. However, during the updating "Phone" part, the phone screen shows the following messages.

[Phone] Active OFF -> Active OFF

[Phone] Reset Pin -> Low : OFF

*[PHONE] Phone Download Failed!

My phone does not have the phone function right now. What can I do??

The phone can still get into the bootloader. Any remedy??

QUOTE(hepics @ Aug 3 2007, 21:27) post_snapback.gifThe three extracted files and the flashing software (from previous i600XXGC6) is currently uploading to rapid share. Should take 30 more minutes to complete :) . Some points. I am disappointed in WM6 Update for many reasons. Including

- No Pocket Office (I guess because after WM6 there is not enough space left in ROM)

- No WM6 VoIP (One of the MAIN reasons for me to install WM6, I am still trying to see if its hidden somewhere inside)

both the above features are official part of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Standard but have been removed from i600 version.

Some instructions..

WARNING: Do this at your own risk. I had some trouble with the first update attempt. The update said its successful but the PHONE Component (GSM) of i600 was not working. I could not fix the problem on the same machine, but managed to fix it using another computer so I guess it was some driver issue on my machine.

Start the I600_WCEDownloader_v1.1_Single.exe Application

Select the three files

Eboot = WM6Eboot2.nb0

PDA = WM6PDA.bin

Phone = WM6Phone.bin

Boot the phone in flash mode. Refer to http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i...Into_Bootloader for entering boot mode.

To enter flash mode / boot mode you must first turn off the device. Then press three keys "power" + "right soft key" + "camera key / back key"

Click at the Start Button to start the flash.

NOTE: The device takes a really long time to boot for ONLY the first time after update so be patient.

Guest dario_s
The phone can still get into the bootloader. Any remedy??

Can you boot the phone completely, or do you have access only to the bootloader?

If you can boot the phone normally, why don't you try Panateo's method, described in post #231 in this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-SGH-i600-Fir...html&st=220

If you can only access bootloader, I suggest you try re-flashing it with GD1. It happened to me once that the Phone version was not updated at all, re-flashing helped. Make sure that you install the latest modem drivers.

D.

Guest jackylui
Can you boot the phone completely, or do you have access only to the bootloader?

If you can boot the phone normally, why don't you try Panateo's method, described in post #231 in this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/Samsung-SGH-i600-Fir...html&st=220

If you can only access bootloader, I suggest you try re-flashing it with GD1. It happened to me once that the Phone version was not updated at all, re-flashing helped. Make sure that you install the latest modem drivers.

D.

I tried to re-flash the machine with GD1. Although the update of "PDA" was completed, during the update of the "Phone" part, the screen showed:

panateo's method as you mentioned was tried as well but it still failed to update the "Phone" part.

Although the OS is updated to WM6, the phone function is absent right now. I check in the "Version" under "Settings", the phone version is blank.

Any suggestion??

Guest pierre
I tried to re-flash the machine with GD1. Although the update of "PDA" was completed, during the update of the "Phone" part, the screen showed:

panateo's method as you mentioned was tried as well but it still failed to update the "Phone" part.

Although the OS is updated to WM6, the phone function is absent right now. I check in the "Version" under "Settings", the phone version is blank.

Any suggestion??

Not too fair, but unless you find an easier way, give it for repair under guarantee, telling your computer crashed during rom update

Guest jackylui
Not too fair, but unless you find an easier way, give it for repair under guarantee, telling your computer crashed during rom update

Thanks for your advice!

I know it must be the easiest way to fix the problem but unfortunately my machine is beyond the warranty of Samsung.

I hope there is any solution I can do it myself.

Guest xippon

jackylui - did you try to reset eboot data before flash, and load working boot file ?

I will post you PM with the solution how to fix this problem, mayby this will help.

Guest jackylui
jackylui - did you try to reset eboot data before flash, and load working boot file ?

I will post you PM with the solution how to fix this problem, mayby this will help.

Thanks xippon

I tried to re-flash the machine as you taught me but it did not work.

The "Eboot" and "PDA" version were updated but the updating of "Phone" was suspended.

When I go to "Settings" -> "Security" -> "Reset" , and try to hard reset the machine, it fails.

What's problem with the reset function??? If you see my first post, I told you all that the screen showed the below message when doing update.

Any idea?? Thank you very much!!

Guest xippon

When I go to "Settings" -> "Security" -> "Reset" , and try to hard reset the machine, it fails.

it has the same effect as remove battery - it doesn't reset phone software.

I post You on pm pass for "internal" menu when You can reset other options.

Guest jackylui

it has the same effect as remove battery - it doesn't reset phone software.

I post You on pm pass for "internal" menu when You can reset other options.

Thanks xippon

In my case, after switching off the machine, I try to reset the machine by pressing "0 + 4-way navigation key UP + Power" simultaneously. After the phone prompts for reset, press 1 and then Y. The phone reset successfully.

However, if I do the reset when I go to "Settings" -> "Security" -> "Reset" , and try to hard reset the machine, it fails.

Besides, I find that there are three reset options under the "internal" menu, it failed to reset the machine as well.

The problem is still here. Sorry for all.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest andre550

i have the exact same problem too. No phone function, no reset in the menu Settings»Security»reset, blank phone version... :wub: Can anyone help me with this?? I need my phone back!! ;)

Guest alex3305

I also flashed my phone with the WM6 Rom, and the phone part also failed overhere, but it is working though. The only thing is that it is on a previous version, very odd.. but true ;)

I also flashed my phone with the WM6 Rom, and the phone part also failed overhere, but it is working though. The only thing is that it is on a previous version, very odd.. but true ;)

try unninstal and reinstal modem driver on your xp... and flash again.

Guest andre550

when my i600 is in reflashing mode it shows in the bottom line "[phone] Active OFF" and i guess that's why my phone is off and i can't put it on in wireless manager menu. How can put it on?? I've flashed the rom twice and i can get it to work ;)

The messages in the rom flash program are the following:

[startDownload => 0] StartDownload !!

[PDA] Connect and Power-on the Device.

[PDA-0]Driver Opened.

[PDA]Read Wait. = [0]

[PDA]Read Done. = [0]

[PDA]Device Found. = [0]

[PDA]Eboot data length = <1100KB>

[PDA]EBoot data download ready.

[PDA] EBoot download complete.

OsImage data length = <65781KB>

[PDA]OsImage data download ready.

[PDA]OS image download complete.

[PHONE] Attempting to Open COM22...

[PHONE] 1. Opening \\.\COM22 id[0].

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open retry (2)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open retry (1)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open retry (0)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open fail.id[0]

Can someone help me please???

Guest andre550
when my i600 is in reflashing mode it shows in the bottom line "[phone] Active OFF" and i guess that's why my phone is off and i can't put it on in wireless manager menu. How can put it on?? I've flashed the rom twice and i can get it to work ;)

The messages in the rom flash program are the following:

[startDownload => 0] StartDownload !!

[PDA] Connect and Power-on the Device.

[PDA-0]Driver Opened.

[PDA]Read Wait. = [0]

[PDA]Read Done. = [0]

[PDA]Device Found. = [0]

[PDA]Eboot data length = <1100KB>

[PDA]EBoot data download ready.

[PDA] EBoot download complete.

OsImage data length = <65781KB>

[PDA]OsImage data download ready.

[PDA]OS image download complete.

[PHONE] Attempting to Open COM22...

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open retry (2)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open retry (1)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open retry (0)-id[0]

[PHONE] COM[22] Port open fail.id[0]

Can someone help me please???

Ok, i've already opened the com port by marking the option "Alow connecting to the folowing port:" in ActiveSync Connection Settings. I could finnaly finnish flashing i600XXGD1 rom sucessfully and fashing i600XXGD2 too with the wm6. The Smartphone restarted but still no phone. I can't connect it even after choosing my country's options in "admin settings". This is driving me nuts :wub: :D :D

I'd really apreciate some help here. I want my phone baaaaackkk

• 3 months later...
Guest bluntvillan

If anyone else is having problems with uploading the 'phone' part, all you have to do is first update the eboot and pda together (DO NOT TICK "PHONE") then after switching off the phone (by removing the battery) switch it on again in flash mode and repeat the proccess but this time only ticking 'phone'. If anyone has any problems just send me a PM

If anyone else is having problems with uploading the 'phone' part, all you have to do is first update the eboot and pda together (DO NOT TICK "PHONE") then after switching off the phone (by removing the battery) switch it on again in flash mode and repeat the proccess but this time only ticking 'phone'. If anyone has any problems just send me a PM

Sorry! I have the same problem as the other guys in flashing the "phone part". It's more than 2 months I am fighting with it. I treid many times and in many ways but nothing. I even sent it to the Samsung Assistance, but they gave me back without solving me the problem (incredible, in the report they wrote everything is OK and all functions tested - how possibile if there isn't written any Phone version - it says there are installed only the PDA version and Eboot version).

Without the function of "Phone" my mobile is completly useless - no calls, no internet..nothing...

I tried to do as u said - but nothing. Have u got any suggestion??

As I see I am not the only one that had this problem....anyone of you were able to solve it?? If yes, please make me know before I'll get crazy :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jayconnected
Sorry! I have the same problem as the other guys in flashing the "phone part". It's more than 2 months I am fighting with it. I treid many times and in many ways but nothing. I even sent it to the Samsung Assistance, but they gave me back without solving me the problem (incredible, in the report they wrote everything is OK and all functions tested - how possibile if there isn't written any Phone version - it says there are installed only the PDA version and Eboot version).

Without the function of "Phone" my mobile is completly useless - no calls, no internet..nothing...

I tried to do as u said - but nothing. Have u got any suggestion??

As I see I am not the only one that had this problem....anyone of you were able to solve it?? If yes, please make me know before I'll get crazy :(

F*ckin' hell

I have my Samsung just a month, also send it to Samsung, they also tested it and says: it works fine.

No phone functionality at all..

Is there no solution for this problem?

• 1 month later...

Sadly I bricked my I600 by loading the stupid I607 rom. is there any way to fix this. I'm fairly annoyed that i misread the damn phone version. anyone anything please help.

Thanks in advance

Hi all! I've got a little problem too. it's not the same as yours, but the same category. I've got the blackjack, the i607, that I bought as a used one. the previous owner flashed it's pda with the i600 wm5 sw. I don't know how and WHY. so, the phone functions working, like I can make calls, send sms, browse the web, play bubblebreaker, etc etc, but the camera, the bluetooth and the java support(why I bought 607 not 600) is dead and it freezes if I press menu in some main apps. Do any of you know where can I find the original blackjack software to try to flash it back? Thanks! ohh.. and excuse my bad english, but I'm hungarian. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest sabbath

Is there any brilliant brain who found any solution to the bricked i600 issue,? The phone functions misssing ,only the PDA version and Eboot version ? :D

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Same problem at me B) . If anybody find a solution pleas postit.

Thanks!

try this to fix your brick i600:

extracted rom, phone, boot files from official i600UXXupdater.exe with instructions :

http://rapidshare.com/files/21049371...RMWARE-zip.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/21049164...RMWARE-zip.rar

remember to disable active sync

also fallow http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...968&page=40