Paul's TyTN II / MDA Vario III Tweak Pack (0.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

The Kaiser is great.

Like any device though, without exception, the first thing I do when I hard reset is to make a bunch of tweaks / changes to make it just how I like it. I've now got into the habit of CABbing these up, so I thought i'd share my P4550 CAB with you all :)

A disclaimer... these are the settings I like, the tweaks I like, and the things that work best for me. They might not be right for you, but hey, there's some cool stuff in there.

Here's what the CAB does...

Version 0.2

- BlueTooth DUN profile restored

- HTC Home plugin Music tab enabled

- Battery backlight level increased

- Battery power timeout set to 1 minute

- ClearType enabled

- 'Display clock in all programs' enabled

- 'GPRS , 3G' connection renamed to 'GPRS, 3G'

- Menu animations enabled

- New email message sound assigned

- Picture review time in Camera application set to 'No Limit'

- Security level changed

- Today screen timeout disabled

- Windows animations enabled

- 'GPS Photo' (geotagging of photo in EXIF data) enabled

- File system cache tuned (performance tweaking)

- Font cache size increased (performance tweaking)

- IP multicasting fine tuned (performance tweaking)

- TCP windows size increased (performance tweaking)

Enjoy :P

P

Paul_s_P4550_Tweak_Pack.0.2.CAB

The P4550 is great.

Like any device though, without exception, the first thing I do when I hard reset is to make a bunch of tweaks / changes to make it just how I like it. I've now got into the habit of CABbing these up, so I thought i'd share my P4550 CAB with you all :)

A disclaimer... these are the settings I like, the tweaks I like, and the things that work best for me. They might not be right for you, but hey, there's some cool stuff in there.

Enjoy :P

P

would be nice if you could post of some Screenshots ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nemoqwerty

I like the tcp windows size tweak - others I more or less have / am content not having.

Installing now let you know my thoughts.

cheers paul.

n.

-- right - mostly its made no difference at all - it seems our preferences are in synergy ;) However - I think my cooked ROM already set up the IP window size to be optimal because the only thing I have noticed is that my broadband speed on the kaiser (using dslreports.com/mspeed) are around 300 kbps down from a previous c.1Mbit second. I havent hooked it up to the laptop to see what throughput is like that way yet. This could of course be due to the network suddenly being swamped by the mass of 7.50 Web N Walkers just turning their internet on on the commute home :wub: Will keep you updated if it is a continual problem or if its network conditions as of this moment.

Edited by Nemoqwerty

Guest Farzad MF
The P4550 is great.

Like any device though, without exception, the first thing I do when I hard reset is to make a bunch of tweaks / changes to make it just how I like it. I've now got into the habit of CABbing these up, so I thought i'd share my P4550 CAB with you all ;)

Enjoy :wub:

P

Hi Paul

Thank you for your file. I haven't managed to get my hands on HTC Kaiser (although I'm dying to do so as soon as possible), but I had a question about the CAB file:

Is it possible for you to please explain how to make a CAB file that sets some of our desired preferences in the device (I mean any device not necessarily Kaiser)

Thank you

Guest Harry3GTech
The P4550 is great.

Like any device though, without exception, the first thing I do when I hard reset is to make a bunch of tweaks / changes to make it just how I like it. I've now got into the habit of CABbing these up, so I thought i'd share my P4550 CAB with you all ;)

P

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the cab. It makes hard reset a bit less timeconsuming.

I have 2 questions (if you have the time to answer):

1. I have noticed that after I have installed the cab there is an empty square with white outline,

that appears for a split second on the screen after i run every application.

Have you observed this?

2. I have registered the devise in HTC's web site, but there are no downloads available.

What is the latest ROM package? Mine is the one from the 28/08/2007.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Guest Special2k3
That's probably the window animation that's switched on! ;)

I'll put up a lil cab in a mo to turn it back off :wub:

P

Do you work on the cab? I have also the issue with the square. Or please just post the regkey which i have to edit for deactivate the windows animation.

SpecialK

The P4550 is great.

P

Are these tweaks available as individual cabs, as I wouldn't want to install every tweak?

FrankyG

Guest NuShrike
Is there a CAB to switch the Windows Animation off?
Just use your registry editor and set HLKM\System\GWE:Animate to 0.

Anybody actually get BT DUN to actually work? I've tried the WM5/WM6 BT DUN enable, and Paul's tweak pack and still get "Error 678: The remote computer did not respond ..."

Guest 3waygeek

You'll have to install the Resco Registry plug-in if you haven't. Once the plug-in is installed, go to My Registry in the tree view and drill down into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry.

Guest NuShrike
Anybody actually get BT DUN to actually work? I've tried the WM5/WM6 BT DUN enable, and Paul's tweak pack and still get "Error 678: The remote computer did not respond ..."
Paul, okay then I'm going to state with finality that your BT DUN tweak does not work with the final retail rom, unless somebody else can point to an alternative reason.

• 2 weeks later...