• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Just got an unlocked mpx220

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just got an unlocked mpx220

I have tmobile service, and my phone died. my sim cards fine, so i'll be using the tmobile sim card

i also want to flash the rom to either generic 1.49 or asia 3.53. which is better?

what is the process for getting the unlocked mpx220 to work w/ tmobile? i just stick the sim card in and i can make calls? or do i need to set it up..

i know i need to set up the interent for wap and all that

what about voicemail and txt messaging? i have the numbers from my current phone like my voicemail number and txt message service center number.

thanks

help a noob out. appreciate it

Posted · Report post

which firmware is better? generic 1.49 or asian 3.53??

i know asian has wmp 10, and generic has 9. that's not really an issue for me. i won't be playing anything other than mp3s probably.

does generic 1.49 fix all the annoying problems this phone has (low ring, low sound, shitty battery, etc)

Posted · Report post

which firmware is better? generic 1.49 or asian 3.53??

i know asian has wmp 10, and generic has 9. that's not really an issue for me. i won't be playing anything other than mp3s probably.

does generic 1.49 fix all the annoying problems this phone has (low ring, low sound, shitty battery, etc)

Calm down, you can't expect an answer right away. Especially since not many people have experience with that phone. First off 3.53 does not have wmp 10. I've always treated it like asian 1.53, because it has wmp 9. I like asian 3.46. 3.45 is almost identical and I never really tried 3.51, which is I believe the newest of the series, but has some bugs. Neither really fixes the low ring (asian is a little louder though) and I never found the battery to be all that bad. I would suggest using wma files for rings, they do tend to be louder. Any other questions I may be able to help you with feel free to send me a pm (I don't get to check the board all the much lately, but I do get email notifications if I get a pm so I should get back to you pretty quick).

Posted · Report post

i read on the boards and people say 3.53 has wmp10....?

not a major concern

is there a changelog for the generic and asian roms??

Posted · Report post

is the generic rom in regular font and english text?

i read omega's blog and it's prob not that hard to fix the asian rom to english font and text, but if there's not much of a difference between the generic and asian roms, i might just get generic