• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

WiFi problems with M700

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've just received my M700 from Orange today. I was very excited. However, my excitment was dashed when using the WiFi turned out to be a lot more tricky than I once thought.

I added the mac address of the phone to our wireless router (which is open with mac address filtering as the only security) and thought that would be it. However, the phone seems to connect fine to the router but won't let me do anything i.e. browse web, get POP mail, use google maps. When trying to browse web it says "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to an unknown error 0x80072f78" Microsoft being helpful as ever with their error messages there.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks.

PS After turning the phone off and on again it seemed to sort this out. Good advice for any other beginners just starting out like me. Remember its still windows and loves the odd reboot every now and again :))

Edited by mattyfiend

Posted · Report post

Ditto, only i'm using a network that doesn't require specifically attached devices, and it STILL won't find any web pages, grrrr..

any ideas ??

ps - reboot of the phone didn't work ;)

Posted · Report post

I've just received my M700 from Orange today. I was very excited. However, my excitment was dashed when using the WiFi turned out to be a lot more tricky than I once thought.

I added the mac address of the phone to our wireless router (which is open with mac address filtering as the only security) and thought that would be it. However, the phone seems to connect fine to the router but won't let me do anything i.e. browse web, get POP mail, use google maps. When trying to browse web it says "The page you are looking for cannot be found due to an unknown error 0x80072f78" Microsoft being helpful as ever with their error messages there.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks.

PS After turning the phone off and on again it seemed to sort this out. Good advice for any other beginners just starting out like me. Remember its still windows and loves the odd reboot every now and again :wub: )

An interesting thing to say here is that i've heard many ppl complaining about problems surfing the net on wi-fi, just as you said, succesfuly connect to router but no surf, one of them it was me ;) so after many hours of frustation i figure it out... i used to have manual ip set and after put it on automatic worked fine. so seems that htc s710 isn't very friendly on that one. altough now i have some other problem: on wi-fi off connected to pc thru usb cannot surf either. it's giving me an error "the page you are looking for cannot ne found due to unknown error 0x80072f78 " if someone figure it out help me out pls.

best regards to all of you.