Using the phone against your ear...

Guest Cabuzzi

Guest Cabuzzi

Is this not something they considered when they made the phone? If I talk on the phone without earpiece or speakerphone (actually holding it up to my ear.... God forbid), by the time I'm off the phone there are 15 million programs opened up.

It would be pretty freaking easy to have the device lock the screen out when you're not using an earpiece or the speakerphone. For those few times you might need to tell someone to hold on and look up a contact, the could simply be programmed to wake up when you hit the center button, much in the same way it does when the screen goes dark.

Oh yeah, this happens with WM5 and WM6. Has anyone found a good solution for this?

Guest pierre
Is this not something they considered when they made the phone? If I talk on the phone without earpiece or speakerphone (actually holding it up to my ear.... God forbid), by the time I'm off the phone there are 15 million programs opened up.

It would be pretty freaking easy to have the device lock the screen out when you're not using an earpiece or the speakerphone. For those few times you might need to tell someone to hold on and look up a contact, the could simply be programmed to wake up when you hit the center button, much in the same way it does when the screen goes dark.

Oh yeah, this happens with WM5 and WM6. Has anyone found a good solution for this?

What I often do after dialing a number is switch the device off. Not great solution though:(

True valid point!

Edited by pierre

Guest StGeorge

Start > Settings > Keyguard and then "Disable touchscreen while on call in Today screen"

Does that do what you want or have I missed the issue?

Guest pierre
Start > Settings > Keyguard and then "Disable touchscreen while on call in Today screen"

Does that do what you want or have I missed the issue?

In which phone/pda do you find this menu? It does not exist on my M3100 (TyTn)

Guest nehvada
In which phone/pda do you find this menu? It does not exist on my M3100 (TyTn)

well, thats why we are talking about the palm treo here.... :)

if you have the same issue post your question in the matching forums. to be honest i dont know how it works on your device, sorry.

Guest StGeorge
well, thats why we are talking about the palm treo here.... :)

if you have the same issue post your question in the matching forums. to be honest i dont know how it works on your device, sorry.

Dont remember noticing it on my M3100 - actually there are alot of nice touches on the Treo that I dont know how I lived without!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cabuzzi
Dont remember noticing it on my M3100 - actually there are alot of nice touches on the Treo that I dont know how I lived without!!

Agreed. The "Treo tweaks" definitely make it much easier to use phone.