SPV E650 Problems....

Guest Trigger1002

Guest Trigger1002

This is my 1st post on here so hello all. Just got myself an SPV E650 on orange and having a couple of issues. Firstly when I turn it on, about 50% of the time it will just stall on the orange startup screen - can't do anything but take the battery out and try again. Second is a wifi problem - have successfully connected to my wireless router and it says its connected ok but when i try to browse web pages it try's to locate for ages and then comes back with not available, check web address. Bit disappointing as this is my 1st spv!!! have contacted orange and they have said I need 2 go back to the vendor for a replacement. Has anyone else heard or had these issues or have any ideas of a way to sort the probs out?? Thanks in advance :)

This is my 1st post on here so hello all. Just got myself an SPV E650 on orange and having a couple of issues. Firstly when I turn it on, about 50% of the time it will just stall on the orange startup screen - can't do anything but take the battery out and try again. Second is a wifi problem - have successfully connected to my wireless router and it says its connected ok but when i try to browse web pages it try's to locate for ages and then comes back with not available, check web address. Bit disappointing as this is my 1st spv!!! have contacted orange and they have said I need 2 go back to the vendor for a replacement. Has anyone else heard or had these issues or have any ideas of a way to sort the probs out?? Thanks in advance :)

Hmm... Sounds like a faulty phone to me, I just got mine this morning (My 5th SPV after an original, a C500, C550 and a C600!) and it starts up fine every time. Not had a chance to try wireless connection yet as I'm not near a wireless router at work, but will try later tonight when I'm at home.

One thing to try, try starting up withouth the mini SD card in the slot, just in case that is ausing issues (Don't see why it should but worth a try), also turn off the WiFi and see if the startup becomes more reliable, just in case that is what is causing the problem.

Guest jidleys

Guest jidleys

Hi - my first post too. I've just bought an SPV E650 and am getting the same problems. Chasing my supplier for replacement at present, but wondering if this is a common problem. Is it something Orange have caused with their software additions?