phil_gilhoolie

M700 - where's the T9 phone pad gone!

7 posts in this topic

I've recently upgraded from my M600 to the M700 to find that the super useful phone pad text input is missing!

does anyone know where i might get the program :)

try xda developers, i got mine from there. Look for the forum for the Trinity and then search the forum for phonepad. That should do the trick.

You'll open a can of worms here, input methods are really tricky to get working on th m700. I think i've tried em all and at the moment i'm running pocketcm keyboard (which i only managed to get working by running it through pocketcm full).

You might spend weeks trying to get one to work and to stay as the default too.

Good luck!!!

'Phone Pad' is awesome, but not available... legally...

P

I would be interested in any solutions people have for getting input methods to load and even stay as teh default. I love Tengo Thumb, it works for a while after a hard reset but wont stay as default. Then after a few more days it just wont load at all. Shame cos i dont like the default keyboard at all.

I would be interested in any solutions people have for getting input methods to load and even stay as teh default. I love Tengo Thumb, it works for a while after a hard reset but wont stay as default. Then after a few more days it just wont load at all. Shame cos i dont like the default keyboard at all.

The only reliable answer is to flash the device with another ROM :(

The ROM on the SPV M700 has been modded by Orange to include a number of custom processes which deplete the available resources. These are in the main ROM, so can't even be aborted by limiting the Ext_ROM installations.

I did find SIPChange enabled me to occasionally use Tengo but it was generally short lived. Updating to a custom WM6 ROM sorted it out, but isn't an option if you want to preserve your Orange warranty :D

The only reliable answer is to flash the device with another ROM :(

The ROM on the SPV M700 has been modded by Orange to include a number of custom processes which deplete the available resources. These are in the main ROM, so can't even be aborted by limiting the Ext_ROM installations.

I did find SIPChange enabled me to occasionally use Tengo but it was generally short lived. Updating to a custom WM6 ROM sorted it out, but isn't an option if you want to preserve your Orange warranty :D

Well i would consider that. I remember removing all the orange cabs on my old m600. It was a right pain loading all th einternet and mms settings again. I still have 6 months left on my contract so dont want to brick my phone. Willing to give it a try tho!

I was hopinh there might be a registry key/hack I could do to switch Tengo to default? (sorry dont know a huge amount about the registry)