SPV M600 - Cant Send Text Messages with New SIM

Guest spenner

Guest spenner

I have an SPV m600 and now that Im out of contract with Orange they kindly agreed to send me a Sony W850i which I have now received. The plan is to keep my old phone (M600) and give the new one (W850i) to my son for his birthday (his first phone) but with a PAYG sim card. Ive registered the new SIM card that came with the Sony, which now holds my existing phone number and the Sony works fine. Ive put the new SIM card in my M600 but it wont let me send text messages saying that the phone isnt ready yet, wait 15 secs and try again. The phone function works fine. I assumed that SIM cards were interchangeable between Orange phones, although I knew that some advanced functionality may be lost, but not text messaging ! Anyone have any clues whats going on and is there a work round?

I found the info below on XDA-Dev forum, but having been unable to get through to Orange I cant confirm or deny the facts. Im in for fun and games judging by Oranges recent performance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...hlight=sim+card

Can anyone enlighten me any further please?

• 10 months later...
Guest croghan

This is exactly the same problem I'm now facing. I'm pressing Orange for a solution to this but if you get anywhere can update this?

Thanks

Stuart

I have an SPV m600 and now that Im out of contract with Orange they kindly agreed to send me a Sony W850i which I have now received. The plan is to keep my old phone (M600) and give the new one (W850i) to my son for his birthday (his first phone) but with a PAYG sim card. Ive registered the new SIM card that came with the Sony, which now holds my existing phone number and the Sony works fine. Ive put the new SIM card in my M600 but it wont let me send text messages saying that the phone isnt ready yet, wait 15 secs and try again. The phone function works fine. I assumed that SIM cards were interchangeable between Orange phones, although I knew that some advanced functionality may be lost, but not text messaging ! Anyone have any clues whats going on and is there a work round?

I found the info below on XDA-Dev forum, but having been unable to get through to Orange I cant confirm or deny the facts. Im in for fun and games judging by Oranges recent performance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...hlight=sim+card

Can anyone enlighten me any further please?

• 11 months later...
Guest Insomnia83

I updated my rom on mine and it sorted the problem out. Basically you get your m600 connected to your pc using active sync then run the radio rom patch. I got mine from xda developers.