AT&T 8525 and Voice Command

Guest chasdl

Guest chasdl

Hi Folks,

I've recently installed Microsoft Voice Command on my AT&T 8525, and can't seem to get VC to work through my bluetooth headset. (I have a Plantronics 510.) In addition, Voice Command has apparently disabled the normal voice dialing feature, so I can no longer initiate phone calls through my headset.

Has anyone else gotten this combination, i.e. the 8525 and the Plantronics 510, to work? Also, is it an option to upgrade the OS to ver 6.0, and if so, would that solve the problem?

Best....

• 7 months later...
Guest TerryGM1965
Hi Folks,

I've recently installed Microsoft Voice Command on my AT&T 8525, and can't seem to get VC to work through my bluetooth headset. (I have a Plantronics 510.) In addition, Voice Command has apparently disabled the normal voice dialing feature, so I can no longer initiate phone calls through my headset.

Has anyone else gotten this combination, i.e. the 8525 and the Plantronics 510, to work? Also, is it an option to upgrade the OS to ver 6.0, and if so, would that solve the problem?

Best....

While you can do more with Voice Command, it doesn't work as well, at least for me. Found a blurb somewhere about reseting it to the built in app though. This might also help with fixing Voice Command. You need a way to edit the registery first though.

Look in HKey_Local_Machine\Software\OEM\Voice Command

Check the string for Path and make sure it points to the right exe file for Voice Command.

When testing I did find that Voice Command will work much better if in the main memory of the phone.

To reset to the orginal set the Path to \Windows\sddialer.exe

Good Luck