Wm6 Update is out!

Guest stripeycat

Guest stripeycat

Announced yesterday, here's the link to Palm's site:

http://euro.palm.com/uk/750update

Now that it's finally out, i wonder, will an upgrade mean that the unlock will be wiped out? Will the handset revert to being locked to Vodafone? Has anyone had any experience in other machines being reset to their original carrier's lockdown?

Hope not, i can't wait to try it out...!! XP

• 1 year later...
Guest StGeorge

I thought I would just bump this thread.....I recently had to revert to my Treo 750 while awaiting a replacement touch dual from Orange. When I tried to install our SSL certificate to enable push email I was reminded what a complete pain this could be on WM5 for self signed certificates and was prompted to upgrade.

I downloaded the update from here and 10 minutes later all was complete - the self sign certificate was installed and it connected to the server!!

I have not used this device for 10 months but with the update it certainly has given it a new lease of life - it even feels like the previously dreadful battery life is improved but I am sure that is my imagination!!!!

The main reason for bumping this thread - the update from the Palm site will expire at the end of THIS MONTH. So if anyone wants this update you will need to get it before then or find someone who saved a copy of it ;-)

Cheers

Ed

Guest Ronaldio
I thought I would just bump this thread.....I recently had to revert to my Treo 750 while awaiting a replacement touch dual from Orange. When I tried to install our SSL certificate to enable push email I was reminded what a complete pain this could be on WM5 for self signed certificates and was prompted to upgrade.

I downloaded the update from here and 10 minutes later all was complete - the self sign certificate was installed and it connected to the server!!

I have not used this device for 10 months but with the update it certainly has given it a new lease of life - it even feels like the previously dreadful battery life is improved but I am sure that is my imagination!!!!

The main reason for bumping this thread - the update from the Palm site will expire at the end of THIS MONTH. So if anyone wants this update you will need to get it before then or find someone who saved a copy of it ;-)

Cheers

Ed

Hi!

Treo™ 750v / 750 Windows Mobile 6.0 Updater 2.18 / 2.23

I just found out today, that as of today(!) the update is no longer available. Ironically I tried downloading it several times over the last couple of weeks but the page just stalled.

So I was actually looking for someone who saved it, when I read your post (last year I did save the Spanish version for a Vodafone locked one, but only saved a link to the English one.)

Do you still have the file? :lol:

It's for an English Treo 750, provider independent.

Thanks you!

Best regards,

Ronald.