spv m3100 (Orange UK contract) - newbie Qs

Guest PhoneJacker

Guest PhoneJacker

Hi, I am a complete novice when it comes to these devices.

I am about to get an Orange SPV M3100; I want to customise it...

1) What would you recommend I do with this device?

If you could provide detailed links/ instructions I would appreciate it as I am a total newbie.

Thanks

PJ

Guest nuttyphilt

Just a suggestion but you might want to wait a month or so when the HTC Kaiser is released. This is the updated version of the M3100 (although TBH it hasn't had a confirmed release date yet). It's smaller, faster, has WM6 and has inbuilt GPS.

Guest PhoneJacker

Thanks for the reply... I would wait, but it's a Company contract so we are tied into this model at least for the time being.

Any help in how i can customise my m3100 would be appreciated.

Thanks

PJ

Guest Barcode
Thanks for the reply... I would wait, but it's a Company contract so we are tied into this model at least for the time being.

Any help in how i can customise my m3100 would be appreciated.

Thanks

PJ

If yours is anything like my M3100 you will want to repleace the OS with WM6 Black Majic. You will loose all the Orange stuff but would you really care? When I was using the standard OS as supplied by Orange and muted the ringer I had to reboot to get it ringing again, no such problem with Black Majic.

Regards Richard

Guest PhoneJacker
When I was using the standard OS as supplied by Orange and muted the ringer I had to reboot to get it ringing again, no such problem with Black Majic.

Regards Richard

OK, so how do I go about installing Black Majic, are there any good thread on this subject?

Thanks again

PJ

Be warned - most of the good mods now relate to Wm6 - which orange have not released for this phone. As this is a company phone, your IT department will not be impressed at flashing a new OS onto the phone (unless you ARE the IT department).

Having said that, if you want to go down that road check out www.mrvanx.org for guides to installing the various ROMs. I use Black Satin on my m3100. Before installing it you need to see the guide for HardSPL by Mr Vanx.

So - if you are going down that route - MAKE SURE YOU USE HARDSPL BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE.

Guest PhoneJacker
Be warned - most of the good mods now relate to Wm6 - which orange have not released for this phone. As this is a company phone, your IT department will not be impressed at flashing a new OS onto the phone (unless you ARE the IT department).

crazyc, thank you very much for the link I will check it out. I am infact the IT Department, just do not have any experience with these devices or such mods.

I guess you can download the supported Orange OS and revert back, if all else fails ?