Flashing LED Notifcations for SMS

Guest Phil_UK

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Phil, thanks for updating an already brill app.

But can I please mention a slight glitch in the new version please... I've selected Audio alerts for missed calls. I've set it to Back Off Mins 2, and Max Back Off 60. But Im not getting any Audi alerts. Any ideas here?

I've had a test here and alerts for missed calls are working okay.

Do you have a sound file selected in the drop down above or does it say None? If it says None that is the problem so selecting a sound will allow it to work. If you do have a sound file selected does it make a sound when you click the Play button, just incase the sound file is corrupt?

Does it play a sound for new emails/SMS messages? If you ask it to vibrate as well, does it vibrate?

Regards

Phil

Guest Phil_UK
Hi:

GREAT app, thanks!

I see that there is a new version out, does it by any chance allow for the charging light to work?

Thanks!

Unfortunately there a few things I have been unable to find out:

How to make the LEDs light constantly (i.e. on and not flashing).

How to make the LED amber.

How to change the flash rates.

I keep trying with HTC to get some info but none has been forthcoming.

Regards

Phil

Guest sc0user_75
Hi

I've had a test here and alerts for missed calls are working okay.

Do you have a sound file selected in the drop down above or does it say None? If it says None that is the problem so selecting a sound will allow it to work. If you do have a sound file selected does it make a sound when you click the Play button, just incase the sound file is corrupt?

Does it play a sound for new emails/SMS messages? If you ask it to vibrate as well, does it vibrate?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil. Thanks for the reply.

Yup have sound file selected and it plays when I hit the play button.

I've also tried it for emails but still no luck.

I'm gonna try uninstalling it tonight and then re-install.

Oh, and I did install it to Device ;-)

Guest jeffreii
Hi Phil,

Can you give us a response as to whether or not it is possible to have the RED LED flash for missed SMS? It's currently not an option - yet the best LED indicator (because it blinks twice as fast as the 2nd best option, the Blue LED).

Thanks,

Jeff

Please? :(

Edited by jeffreii

Guest Phil_UK
Can you give us a response as to whether or not it is possible to have the RED LED flash for missed SMS? It's currently not an option - yet the best LED indicator (because it blinks twice as fast as the 2nd best option, the Blue LED).

Hi

Yes it is possible but would need some re-working of the code. The reason personally I went for the Blue being able to indicate text's is it is the most obvious, even with the slow flash rate it always catches my eye.

I agree if you get the phone out of your pocket and want to check you need to look at it for a bit, however I tend to find when it's in my pocket I'm normally outside somewhere and in bright daylight the other LED's disappear but the blue is still noticable.

I'll see what I can do for the next version.

Regards

Phil

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Hi Phil. Thanks for the reply.

Yup have sound file selected and it plays when I hit the play button.

I've also tried it for emails but still no luck.

I'm gonna try uninstalling it tonight and then re-install.

What ROM are you using? Have you made any tweaks, I'm thinking in terms of sleep/standby times? Is it vibrating as a reminder if you select that option?

Regards

Phil

Guest sc0user_75
Hi

What ROM are you using? Have you made any tweaks, I'm thinking in terms of sleep/standby times? Is it vibrating as a reminder if you select that option?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil, guess what? I sorted it :( I re-installed and it seemed to work perfect.

Thanks for the help

Thanks for such great tweak! Works fine!

The only problem i have - when i'm using manual operator selection (on roaming) after any changes in program options and, what is more important, after phone scheduled wake up it's starting to search for operator network again :( ... It's might be normal ... but would be great if there is any solution possible to keep once manually chosen network ...

Thx

Guest sc0user_75
Hi Phil, guess what? I sorted it :( I re-installed and it seemed to work perfect.

Thanks for the help

Well Phil, I thought it worked... But it doesnt work properly!!

I've set it to 2 minutes back off. Max 60. And when I do get a missed call it will vibrate and audio alert me once. But thats it! No more alerts - vibrate or audio - thereafter. The led though flashes fine.

Any tips?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TechBill

Will this app work on a HTC Hermes?

I been trying to find something that allow me to adjust how led are controlled when there a email or sms and this apps look like what I been looking for but my device is a HTC Hermes a Cingular 8525 and have anyone tried on a Hermes before?

Also I have one other issue is the vibrate duration, in WM5 vibrate duration on any setting or even in Vibrate only profile it would be one long duration which is perfect for me since I can feel in it my heavy coat pocket etc but now on WM6 they change it to short quick pulses which I can barely even detect it vibrate in my coat pocket even in my pants pocket I barely noticed it too.

Is there way a restore the long duration like it was in WM5? I am aware of phone setting short or long but that only work on the sound and vibrate profile and not in the vibrate only profile it back to quick short pulses and it ignore the phone vibrate duration setting.

I really need this long vibrate duration back becasue I am deaf and depends on it greatly so if anyone can provide an registery hack or some idea how to restore it then it will be awesome!

Thanks!

Bill

Guest TechBill
Will this app work on a HTC Hermes?

I been trying to find something that allow me to adjust how led are controlled when there a email or sms and this apps look like what I been looking for but my device is a HTC Hermes a Cingular 8525 and have anyone tried on a Hermes before?

Also I have one other issue is the vibrate duration, in WM5 vibrate duration on any setting or even in Vibrate only profile it would be one long duration which is perfect for me since I can feel in it my heavy coat pocket etc but now on WM6 they change it to short quick pulses which I can barely even detect it vibrate in my coat pocket even in my pants pocket I barely noticed it too.

Is there way a restore the long duration like it was in WM5? I am aware of phone setting short or long but that only work on the sound and vibrate profile and not in the vibrate only profile it back to quick short pulses and it ignore the phone vibrate duration setting.

I really need this long vibrate duration back becasue I am deaf and depends on it greatly so if anyone can provide an registery hack or some idea how to restore it then it will be awesome!

Thanks!

Bill

I went head and installed it on my Hermes Cingular 8525 and it works but I still wish to increase the vibrate duration so if there a registery hack or anything to increase the vibrate duration on Vibrate only profile and I would like to know it! I need it so bad cuz the short quick pulsing vibratation can be barely felt in pants pocket or can't be felt at all in a coat pocket.

Great software!

But on the Hermes it doesn't flashes instead it stay on soild until you acknowledge it. I set sms and email to blue led and the blue led on the left side come one soild blue until I acknowledge it. That ok cuz I like it soild instead of flashing however I am geting both left and right side flashing green at the same time so not sure what that mean but I am still fiddling around with it on Hermes.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by TechBill

Guest TechBill

I know this is a Kaiser forum but I wanted to post here since author of the software may be reading this forum.

It works on Hermes but

On Hermes the leds are on the oppsite side of what is on the Kasier

Kasier left - Red/Amber/Green right - Green/Blue

Hermes left - Green/Blue right - Red/Amber/Green

I don't know if you wrote the software to flash the led on notification alert but on Hermes it show soild led instead of flashing on notifciation alert. I like it soild better than flashing so it perfect!

So perhaps you might want to release software version for Hermes knowing it works in some way.

Bill

Guest nophone

Hi Phil

Many thanks for an excellent app. Although I liked it enormously I am reluctant to do without the charging indicator - it is just too important.

Is there no way to leave the LED charge indicator as it is ? Or failing that have one that flashes if that is easier. I just don't want to risk putting my phone on charge and then finding out the next day that it wasn't actually charging.

Many thanks for an excellent app. Although I liked it enormously I am reluctant to do without the charging indicator - it is just too important.

Is there no way to leave the LED charge indicator as it is ? Or failing that have one that flashes if that is easier. I just don't want to risk putting my phone on charge and then finding out the next day that it wasn't actually charging.

I like to have it without the charging indicator, there is no point in having an extra light source next to my bed. Once you plug the phone you can always check the battery icon. It changes to a plug icon, at least on my Kaiser.

Guest nophone
I like to have it without the charging indicator, there is no point in having an extra light source next to my bed. Once you plug the phone you can always check the battery icon. It changes to a plug icon, at least on my Kaiser.

Good point - I hadn't noticed that.

I'd still like the light though - I don't leave mine on charge at night.

Guest Transform

is there a way that i can install the app just for the sound alerts?

i did play around with the leds but dont like it too much. bluebooth led is now on the same side as the green flashing led for the phone etc

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK

Hi

I went head and installed it on my Hermes Cingular 8525 and it works but I still wish to increase the vibrate duration so if there a registery hack or anything to increase the vibrate duration on Vibrate only profile and I would like to know it! I need it so bad cuz the short quick pulsing vibratation can be barely felt in pants pocket or can't be felt at all in a coat pocket.

Great software!

But on the Hermes it doesn't flashes instead it stay on soild until you acknowledge it. I set sms and email to blue led and the blue led on the left side come one soild blue until I acknowledge it. That ok cuz I like it soild instead of flashing however I am geting both left and right side flashing green at the same time so not sure what that mean but I am still fiddling around with it on Hermes.

Glad you like it.

The code that accesses the LEDs is from the Hermes as the same commands are supported on the Kaiser. However the big difference between the two is the Kaiser LEDs are pre-programmed in hardware to flash when set to ON. The Hermes LEDs can only flash by sending them an ON/OFF/ON/OFF... message in software.

To put it another way, the Kaiser is like flashing Xmas tree lights, you turn them on and they flash automatically, and the Hermes are just like non-flashing Xmas lights, you turn them on and they stay on static. Yes you can force the non-flashing lights to flash by flicking the switch on and off, but it's not very efficient!

So the Kaiser can have flashing LEDs even though it's in complete standby as it doesn't require software running to flash them, this saves power, and the flashing LEDs don't drain the power as much as one permanently lit.

Unfortunately the only code I have turns the LEDs on to their pre-programmed flashing cycle or completely off. There is no code I have found to override the pre-programmed flashing from software, so I'm not able to make the LED be static on the Kaiser. Once I issue a command to the LEDs they stop being under the control of the underlying mechanism so stop responding to the any other commands such as charging.

is there a way that i can install the app just for the sound alerts?

i did play around with the leds but dont like it too much. bluebooth led is now on the same side as the green flashing led for the phone etc

I will look to see if I can make the flashing selection more customisable but in code it gets a bit complicated. On the next release I will make it possible to disable the LED notification side so audio/vibrate alerts can be used on their own, although I'm sure there are other apps that do audio/vibrate alerts and reminders.

The application was mainly done with my own usage in mind and for me having blue tooth flash that bright blue LED was a waste of a bright blue LED, hence the blue LED isn’t selectable for BlueTooth currently.

I’ve also test the application with Windows Mobile 6.1 and the latest radio ROMs, it works fine with the new .NET 3.5 framework, and on at least one of the new radio ROMs the bug that caused the phone to come out of standby when the radio is turned on by a schedule has been fixed by HTC/Qualcomm.

If there is anyone browsing from HTC that knows about setting the LEDs please drop me a private message :)

Regards

Phil

Edited by Phil_UK

• 2 months later...
Guest rastik

Hi Phil, I like your app and have been using it since I bought my Kaiser. Weren't you thinking of releasing the source code? Or putting it to SourceForge?

• 4 months later...
Guest demeone

Hi. About 2 weeks ago i've upgraded my ROM and Windows Mobile to 6.1. Everything was fine but from 2 days my Blue light is on all time. I've tried use Kaiser Notifications but even if i switch off all LED that BLUE light is still on. I dont know how to switch this off. Can any one help me sort this out. Thanks BTW Bluetooth is switched off and before when bluetooth was switched on that blue led was blinking but now that led is all time on. Even when my phone boot up that led is the first thing that switch on.