It's oh so quiet....

Guest PaulOBrien

• 3 weeks later...

It's contending with the HTC TyTN II on my christmas list :wub: Have you tried a 4gb MiniSD in it? That will be the deciding factor. ;)

Edited by Domanic

• 4 weeks later...
S'funny... your item description on ebay doesnt match what you said above... ;)

hehe well spotted... its not a faulty unit tho - im honest about the fact is /is/ a g900, which is offputting in itself... it might suit some people ok..

ps 4gb minisd does NOT work...

g

Guest foxmeister
hehe well spotted... its not a faulty unit tho - im honest about the fact is /is/ a g900, which is offputting in itself... it might suit some people ok..

ps 4gb minisd does NOT work...

g

Funny! My 4gb SDHC card works fine.....

Ok - I had to install an HC driver for it, but it definitely works!

Regards,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The_Chef

Hey I have a G900!

Ok it's not the most reliable product out there... in fact it is annoying sometimes (the 3.01 rom that is.. the older rom is unacceptable). I wouldn't recommend it if you need it for business or anything else critical. But it usually works ok, and the WVGA (800x480) screen is absolutely great (the main reason me and other remaining G900 owners tolerate it). They keyboard is excellent too (even better than HTC's keyboards, since the keys are not flat and there are more keys).

As well as instability and crap Wifi AND phone reception, the only main downside of the G900 is the size.. it's bigger than a Tytn. I haven't seen much discussion for G900 on the net, except for expansys/mobileplanet.com and myg900.com If anyone else has one, feel free to holler here or PM/email me.

Man if only the Kaiser/Tytn II had VGA (we're not even expecting it to match the G900's WVGA) instead of QVGA...

Anyway I've been looking for that SDHC card driver, any chance you can hook me up or tell me where you got it? Manz needs more than 2GB storage lol

• 9 months later...
Guest Grant_X01T

I am a very happy owner of the G900 or more to the point the SoftBank X01T version in Japan.

Many G900 and X01T users spend their time at myg900.com.

Because rom building and customization is so popular for Windows Mobile devices people are going everywhere to learn how to do it.

Modaco was referenced there as one resource to help learn - so here I am!

I'll be happy to add any useful information regarding the Toshiba G900/X01T in this dedicated Toshiba forum area when I get better at rom making or can make a decent rom that others might appreciate or benefit from.

Cheers. Grant.

Edited by Grant_X01T