Vodafone Live Settings?

Guest Odie

Guest Deepdivedog

Thanks guys...I'm another HTC TYTN ii user and I got all excited reading this thinking I'd finally found the fix (I hate Vodafone for selling me the Vodafonelive/MobileTV package and then not supporting me!!). I've loaded the .cab and followed the instructions for the reset. I'm also using WAP to now try and access the vodafone live sites...but no joy!!! :-( The following errors occur on each respective 'potential' Vodafone live page.

http://live.vodafone.co.uk - Gives me the error message: Bad Gateway - The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. Additionally, a 502 Bad gateway error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://live.vodafone.com - This must timeout in some other way because I get an IE initiated message saying The page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again later.

http://live.vodafone.net again an IE initiated message saying The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.

wsp://live.vodafone.net again an IE initiated message saying The page cannot be found. Check the name and try again.

wsp://live.vodafone.com This must timeout in some other way because I get an IE initiated message saying The page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. check the connection and try again later.

wsp://live.vodafone.co.uk

Can someone please advise if I need to do anything else...or can you think of anything else that I can try???

By the way...I do at least get the EXCEPTIONS working out in Connections...By inputting the above sites into EXCEPTIONS, they do connect over WAP rather than IS(3G).

Pleeeeeease help! Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chriswg

Hmmmmm, Is it just me or has this .Cab file stopped working? It worked great for a couple of weeks but now I keep getting an error connection message - "The page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again." It is connecting via Contract WAP as it should do, but wont bring up the Vodafone Live page, Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Chris.

• 1 month later...
Hmmmmm, Is it just me or has this .Cab file stopped working? It worked great for a couple of weeks but now I keep getting an error connection message - "The page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again." It is connecting via Contract WAP as it should do, but wont bring up the Vodafone Live page, Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Chris.

Thanks for the .cab file, now at least I can see the live screen in all its 'glory' on my TyTn II, however the only thing that doesn't seem to work is TV, when I try and watch TV, the streaming media app loads, but then it comes up with the msg "failed to find network" I have confirmed that its using my vodafone live settings, and also set the timing to 20 seconds.... any other ideas?

Guest hotlips69

What version of Windows does the TyTn II use?

I'm wondering if this .CAB file may work on my HTC Windows Mobile 6 smartphone to let me finally get to the Mobile TV that I haven't been able to so far?

I can successfully get to live.vodafone.co.uk/com in its full glory (in both IE & Opera), but when I select Mobile TV, it goes on about my phone not supporting 3G (necessary) and won't go any further, despite my phone fully supporting 3G/HSDPA and having a good signal. :(

• 1 month later...
Guest hotlips69
The TyTN II is Professional as opposed to Standard, but that doesn't mean the CAB necessarily will or won't work :)

P

Something quite strange happened when I installed the .cab from this thread on my S730 to try & get VF Live!/mobile TV working.

I lost the use of the back button & the 2 selection buttons completely during use of IE which made getting to any webpages very difficult.

It defaulted to some HTC page and I had to use the google search to get to any webpages, although I went to www.useragentstring.com and this confirmed the string had changed correctly.

I'm assuming it must be the .dll part of this .cab file that lost me access to my selection keys as I modified the _setup.xml (within the .cab file) to just change the CustomBase registry string and nothing else and I've checked that it did that correctly, yet www.useragentstring.com still has me down as the original S730 user string.

What was modified in the .dll and is it easy to maybe get the original .dll from my S730 and modify it correctly??

Edited by hotlips69

• 1 month later...
Guest fusnico
Guys,

Am trying to input the same stuff as mentioned at the beginning of this thread and have a few questions:

(FYI - I have a TYTN II from Vodafone too, it will connect to Vodafone Live but ONLY using the wsp://vodafone.live.com in the browser, and then it only comes back with the text based service)

1. Are the "Custom Base" registry settings you mention the only ones that need to be changed? ie I need to paste the entire "Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95/10.0.010; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413" string into the "Custom Base" registry field you refer to?

2. What about this string \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Internet Explorer\User Agent "Custom" which is set to Vodafone/1.0/HTC_Kaiser/1.56.161.4 - do i just leave this one?

3. When i try to enter the registry setting you mention - i get an error message saying "access denied" - is this some security feature i need to override first?

Thanks.

Hi!

have you a solution for my TyTN (no TyTN II)? After installation vodafonelive.cab and after soft reset, my ppd don't work! have a file cab for a HTN TyTN?

thanks!

Nicola ([email protected])

• 1 month later...
Guest kez I av 2

Hi

Just moved to Dublin and trying to run my XDA in ireland on Voda - I ran the Cab file and input the settings but I am still having problems

is there anything else that could help with this problem..?

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest lmcs

HI guys

i am new to this and i have a HTC Touch Cruise .

I know this is not the right topic but i read the sub69 solutions for mobile tv.

i have the same problem here with my Cruise.

Can u guys help me out?

Thanks.

PS - my email is [email protected] if u prefer.

all the best to u all

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pdkellett

Hi Sub69,

I just got a Vodafone Treo 750v which i really like. but it doesn't have Vodafone Live or Mobile TV access on it as standard. I managed to get my Tytn II working (with your help) several months ago and now I'm trying to see if you or anyone can get my 750v working.

First thing i did was install yuor cab file on my machine and setup a wap connection and i was straight in to Vodafone Live all of a sudden. Got to mobile tv page but Windows media player wouldn't connect via wap. So went to xda-developers page and downloaded the HTC v2.10 streaming player and installed it and set it up to connect via wap.

Success - it now launches the HTC player and starts to buffer the video but when it gets to 97% buffered and is ready to start showing video it suddenly stops, then has an error and wants to send an error log to Microsoft. Its almost like the HTC player is missing something or some codec or dll file.

Anyone know how to crack this last bit? Anyone use a different Streaming media player to do this?

Hope someone can help!

Paul

• 4 months later...
Guest neilrlsmith
Hi Sub69,

I just got a Vodafone Treo 750v which i really like. but it doesn't have Vodafone Live or Mobile TV access on it as standard. I managed to get my Tytn II working (with your help) several months ago and now I'm trying to see if you or anyone can get my 750v working.

First thing i did was install yuor cab file on my machine and setup a wap connection and i was straight in to Vodafone Live all of a sudden. Got to mobile tv page but Windows media player wouldn't connect via wap. So went to xda-developers page and downloaded the HTC v2.10 streaming player and installed it and set it up to connect via wap.

Success - it now launches the HTC player and starts to buffer the video but when it gets to 97% buffered and is ready to start showing video it suddenly stops, then has an error and wants to send an error log to Microsoft. Its almost like the HTC player is missing something or some codec or dll file.

Anyone know how to crack this last bit? Anyone use a different Streaming media player to do this?

Hope someone can help!

Paul

I have a touch pro and these instructions could not be simpler.

I installed the cab added the wap connection but no luck ;) Just says service unavailable. Why is this so easy for some and impossible for others?

• 5 months later...
Guest kkthomas
@pdkellett - try this little creation of mine....

.cab attached here

I am new here.

I install the .cab into my Dopod D810. But I cannot open IE anymore.

Also, I cannot found "Internet Explorer" under HKLM\Security........Anyone can help?

• 11 months later...