GPS on my Palm 700wx

Guest Gulio

Hey Guys,

I have a Palm Treo 700wx and I'm wondering how GPS works on it. I have heard many people say totally different things and I'm looking for a straight answer ;)

From what I have heard, my phone will always know it's own Lat/Lng coordinates for GPS purposes. But people have told me that if I want to find where I am on a map, and plot my course I need to "dial" in or "connect" to a network, (basically I'd get charged).

Is that true?

Also, what are some good GPS programs (free) I can download for my Treo?

Guest cholman97
Hey Guys,

I have a Palm Treo 700wx and I'm wondering how GPS works on it. I have heard many people say totally different things and I'm looking for a straight answer ;)

From what I have heard, my phone will always know it's own Lat/Lng coordinates for GPS purposes. But people have told me that if I want to find where I am on a map, and plot my course I need to "dial" in or "connect" to a network, (basically I'd get charged).

Is that true?

Also, what are some good GPS programs (free) I can download for my Treo?

I have not found a good GPS system for the treo 700wx. I have used it with Verizon and also with ALltel and there is not a "free" gps system that you can use. look for the navizon post as it is the closest thing I have found to work. I now just use microsoft live and use that mapping system to determine best routes but it is a far cry from turn by turn directions a-la Tom Tom... GL and post back with what you come up with

• 2 years later...