Paul's MDA Vario III de-Brand (0.3)

Guest PaulOBrien

Mandt,

I have downloaded both files, i have transferred them via drag and drop the activesync.

They show up in my document/apps which i stored. They are all listed indvidually but i cant seem to change my background screen nor the tab icons.

Please help,

Thank you

Firstly you will need to use a better file explorer then the built in one, which won't let you overwrite system files. Total commander is free and very good

Download this one:

post-174863-1193065140.jpg

Run the installer while your phone is plugged in via ActiveSync

Now on the phone go to Start>Settings>Today and disable the HTC Home plugin,

With Total Commander browse to the directory you made containing the images, Copy them all (make sure you copy the images themselves NOT the folder)

Now browse to \Windows and select Paste, click yes to overwrite if you're asked.

then go back and re-enable the HTC Home plugin and it should all be blue. You may require a soft-reset

• 2 months later...
Guest Transform
Rather than start a new thread I saw no point so here are a few more versions (not affiliated with paul, used his idea and elaborated on it)

T-Mobile MDA Vario III de-Brand v1

launcher.jpg

comm_mgr.jpg

In regards to the WnW icon in the buttons menu it is now the internet explorer icon and the link goes to iexplore.exe.

buttons.jpg

If you want to download them then by all means click on the links below

Blue Buttons/Icons

Green Buttons/Icons

Orange Buttons/Icons

Pink Buttons/Icons

Red Buttons/Icons

Yellow Buttons/Icons

I hope you enjoy them and they will work for all models but the T-Mobile one is what i have so I named them as such. Any problems just shout.

Russ

I am looking to download the cab file for this new comm manager but was just wondering...

does it replace the existing one on my phone?

what does the 'beam' icon do?

does the 3G button do anything different to the button i have or is it just a different picture and text?

Guest RapsKaiser

Hi... newbie here :)

I've just sorted my MDA Vario III with the various de-branding in this thread but there are a couple of things I was wondering if it's possible to change.

1. I have a vodafone SIM in the phone now. However, when the PDA is rebooted, an icon for the SIM appears in the program group. No problem as it says vodafone under it... but it's got a T-Mobile logo on it. Can this be changed at all?

2. I have got the the option ticked to display my info when the PDA is switched on. Although I have the boot and windows splash screens changed, I still get the WM green strip at the top of the info screen. Can I change that too?

Excellent work by those who have contributed to this forum. I'm hooked already! :D

Guest jesly2205
Ok........Idiot :D

Firstly let me reassure you that you won't mess up your phone, all you're doing is overwriting a pink image with a blue image

Tools you need:

Resco Explorer or Total Commander

you can either unzip the file on your desktop, or send the zip to the phone and unzip it on the phone using the built in zip utility (found in the Start menu), this will probably depend on how you want to send the files. If you email them then leave them zipped and unzip them on the phone. If you connect the phone to your PC using ActiveSync ( or WMDC if you have Vista) then unzip the file on the desktop and copy the individual files over

Either way get the images into a folder in, for example, My Documents

Now using Resco Explorer or Total Commander (that you already installed :) ) browse to the files and copy them into \Windows, as I said in my post above you will probably get a warning saying they are system files, are you sure blah blah. To which of course you say yes because they are just pictures!!!

now go to Start>Settings>Today>Items and remove the HTC Home plugin, reload it again and it should be all blue :D If not then a soft reset will sort it

Mine's a Carlsberg :D

Hi, I manage to unzip all files to my documents in mobile.. However, after I have copy those files, I can't seems able to paste them in \Windows using total commander. I mean there is no such tool as paste in total commander. Please help me in this. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I manage to unzip all files to my documents in mobile.. However, after I have copy those files, I can't seems able to paste them in \Windows using total commander. I mean there is no such tool as paste in total commander. Please help me in this. Thanks.

Hello

select file, then goto file menu in total commander and check-out "copy/move"

or select file then long clic on it and copy/move to context menu...

• 4 months later...