De-Brand your Vario III - Part two

Guest mandt

You gotta love T-Mobile for their brushed metal screen surrounds, as it makes removing their 'artwork' so much easier.

As with the original Vario gently rub in the direction of the grain with a copper coin to remove that lovely pink from under the screen.....

post-174863-1191233596_thumb.jpg

Five minutes later - much better ;)

Guest DJ_Enigma
You gotta love T-Mobile for their brushed metal screen surrounds, as it makes removing their 'artwork' so much easier.

As with the original Vario gently rub in the direction of the grain with a copper coin to remove that lovely pink from under the screen.....

post-174863-1191233596_thumb.jpg

Five minutes later - much better :wub:

Nice!! ;)

I'd be tempted to try that when I get mine but I'd be bricking it incase I scratch it lol

DJ

Guest TomaHawk

could you do this on the web and walk button?

will be doing thiso n my v3 when it arrives tommroow. sounds bettter than the suger cube method

You know I thought about this, and if you feel the paint with your fingernail I think it would come off. but the plastic button underneath may scratch if you took a coin to it, maybe a sugarcube would be better for this.

Try it on yours and if it scratches I won't risk mine ;)

Guest FloatingFatMan

The WnW button is backlit. Try to scratch it of and you'll remove the silvered paint from the clear plastic leaving an ugly splotch of light there instead...

Edited by FloatingFatMan

Yeah I think you're right, that had occurred to me as well.

I also wondered on the possibility of changing the buttons for the TyTN II ones, no easy job that one though!

Guest chilledatthebottom
I also wondered on the possibility of changing the buttons for the TyTN II ones, no easy job that one though!

Where would you get them from though?

Dummy units maybe?, or wait 'til there's some replacement parts on ebay

On further inspection of the W 'n' W button if you look closely the two Ws are indeed 'holes' in the silver paint, and the red square in the middle with the n is painted on, probably with another hole in the silver paint underneath it

so remove the badge and it might say 'wow' ;)

but it probably will look crap!

• 5 months later...
Guest xtreme__boi

WOW, I just tired it with a 2p coin. First started on the "MDA" bit, and literally came off within seconds. Now moving onto the "T-Mobile" bit, and again came off in seconds!

RESULT!

Guest Mr Alom

:D Thanks mandt,

:( You're a man with lots of talent!!!

I've done that when you first assigned this thread last year but is there a way of removing the pink bit of W&W, I've notice it's painted silver and didn't touch it because I might ruin the painwork of the keypad.

Guest andrewkeith5

taking the paint off would ruin the keypad - but what you can do is to find a generic keypad and put it in place of the varios. as they are basially the same layout

Guest Mr Alom
taking the paint off would ruin the keypad - but what you can do is to find a generic keypad and put it in place of the varios. as they are basially the same layout

Mmm, good idea! I'll search for the keypads on eBay. :D

Guest shootydogthing

apparently people who've tried have found the replacement awful to use...

I actually prefer the Vario III ones...

And I did this today, it's awesome!

Guest mandt

^^I'm in that club^^

Changed the buttons for the default ones, hated 'em and stuck the originals back in.

Search for my thread 'I nearly took my Kaiser apart'