• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

What Options On Contract?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm out of contract next month. I'm on T-mobile Flext with WnW and have a SIM unlocked Orange m600 that I'm very pleased with. Its getting a bit long in the tooth now and I think I need an upgrade.

I'm torn between the m700/Trinity and the new Kaiser/Vario III. thing is I would guess the Trinity is going to be cheaper as its the older phone (and hopefully the price might drop a bit more now the Kaiser is out). I can't really see any point getting the Kaiser over the Trinity. All it gives me is WM6 (dont see any great advantage in that yet), a slightly better camera (I hardly ever use the one on my m600) and a keyboard which I'm certain just adds weight for no benefit for me.

So, if I were to get a Trinity, what is the cheapest way to get one? Other than Orange (who are not any good as I get no Orange signal in my house), who can I get this phone from under contract?

Thanks

Blakey

Posted

I'm out of contract next month. I'm on T-mobile Flext with WnW and have a SIM unlocked Orange m600 that I'm very pleased with. Its getting a bit long in the tooth now and I think I need an upgrade.

I'm torn between the m700/Trinity and the new Kaiser/Vario III. thing is I would guess the Trinity is going to be cheaper as its the older phone (and hopefully the price might drop a bit more now the Kaiser is out). I can't really see any point getting the Kaiser over the Trinity. All it gives me is WM6 (dont see any great advantage in that yet), a slightly better camera (I hardly ever use the one on my m600) and a keyboard which I'm certain just adds weight for no benefit for me.

So, if I were to get a Trinity, what is the cheapest way to get one? Other than Orange (who are not any good as I get no Orange signal in my house), who can I get this phone from under contract?

Thanks

Blakey

Hi,

i cant answer above as im 7 months into my orange contract - i have a question thou you may need to add to your list - will colour matter??.. as black is harder to get and through certain suppliers only..

Rich

Posted

i have a question thou you may need to add to your list - will colour matter??.. as black is harder to get and through certain suppliers only..

No, colour doesn't matter to me particularly...

Posted

go to ebay and have a look. That is your best (cheapest) bet.

Posted

Orange are the only mainstream operator offering this model. You can buy one from Expansys, and open a phone contract with them, but prices aren't very competetive.

There are a few on Ebay- tend to go for £175-£225. Beware black ones- the early ones had a problem with pain peeling. White ones arene't affected.

If you don't need a keyboard, this is an excellent model. I've used one since February (upgraded to WM6, mainly to get rid of Orange's awful customisations which are poorly executed and take up valuable memory space)