• Announcements

    • Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

      ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

      Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help! Battery was overdrawn by accident

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I need some advice.

Yesterday I pluged my Mini S to mains adapter (original) for recharging. Because I palyed a bit of overclock befoe that, I decided to switch off the phone before charging so that the overclock can be reset to original.

This morning, I found the phone was dead. There was no sign of charging. All indicators are dead. The phone cannot be switched on. I took off the battery and left it for a while. Then I put it in. The phone started and showed O2 logo. Then the whole screen just faded off. And the charging/power indicator flushed couple of time as 'red' before screen turned completely dark.

I used multi-metre to measure the battery and got 3.2V. I guess what happened was I forgot to switch on wall plug so mains adaptor over-drew the battery.

I know there is a hot discussion about this overdrawn issue, as below

http://www.modaco.com/Warning-Battery-Chargin-t233233.html

But I do not know how to do it. Can someone give a tip? There are 6 electrical contact pads on battery. Which ones I should go for? Using the phone's mains adaptor or car battery as someone sugested?

Cheers

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Well, it's Friday afternoon. Experts either work hard in the office or diving in pubs so no one gave the tip.

I told myself the battery is dead so why not do a DIY? What I could lose?

(1) First found a tunable DC adaptor and sent to 6V.

(2) Connected to the battery, with a multimeter to monitor voltage. The voltage started from 3.2v and increased slowly.

(3) After 2 minutes, I was a bit fade up with the progress so I change the output to 9V. Battery voltage increased much quickly.

(4) When voltage arrived 3.9v I was a bit of nervous. I wanted to save the battery not making a bomb. So I stopped.

(5) Put the battery back to phone and switched on.

(6) O2 Logo...WM Logo....no fading off, good sign. I connect PC' USB cable to the phone and the orange indicator was on! Bingo!

(7) After the phone booted up, it showed battery had 29% power. Then I change to Mains adaptor and it continued the job so it should be not a faulty.

Hopefully this accident did not cause permanent damage to battery.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Well, it's Friday afternoon. Experts either work hard in the office or diving in pubs so no one gave the tip.

I told myself the battery is dead so why not do a DIY? What I could lose?

(1) First found a tunable DC adaptor and sent to 6V.

(2) Connected to the battery, with a multimeter to monitor voltage. The voltage started from 3.2v and increased slowly.

(3) After 2 minutes, I was a bit fade up with the progress so I change the output to 9V. Battery voltage increased much quickly.

(4) When voltage arrived 3.9v I was a bit of nervous. I wanted to save the battery not making a bomb. So I stopped.

(5) Put the battery back to phone and switched on.

(6) O2 Logo...WM Logo....no fading off, good sign. I connect PC' USB cable to the phone and the orange indicator was on! Bingo!

(7) After the phone booted up, it showed battery had 29% power. Then I change to Mains adaptor and it continued the job so it should be not a faulty.

Hopefully this accident did not cause permanent damage to battery.

Yes, some time phone doesn't start to charge after battery went down, USB charge will not help, not enough current.

I tried regular power supply and after an hour it started.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Yes, some time phone doesn't start to charge after battery went down, USB charge will not help, not enough current.

I tried regular power supply and after an hour it started.

What I found with my old Wizard when it was completely drained and wouldn't appear to charge via USB, was to just leave it connected for a while and do something else. Came back and it turned on fine - must have been charging even though the charge light didn't come on.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.