• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Screen Quality (Brightness & Sharpness)

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My friend and I recently bought a HTC Touch each, and it seemed to work fine. However, when I compared the screens on both devices - the difference was unbelievable. My screen was not as bright, not as sharp and had a slight sparkle effect on it (whereas my friend's has a crystal clear screen) - see photo below.

To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed that mine was wrong if I hadn't compared them. I have since has a replacement, but that is exactly the same. I wonder if there is a dodgy batch of HTC Touch phones out there?

post-310535-1192191991_thumb.jpg

Edited by hiwj

Posted

Maybe your friend has turned ClearType on.

Posted

No, (I think ClearType only affects the text) - the graphics and background are affected on mine (even when there is no text on the screen).

Posted

I visited a few mobile phone shops in Manchester over the weekend, and made an interesting discovery – my phone is not the only one with a problem. I tried several HTC Touches in different shops and found that some had the crystal clear screen and some had the poor ‘sparking’ screen.

It has made me think that either there is a bad batch of them out there, or HTC have used two different screen manufacturers. When I questioned HTC on this matter, they denied that there was a problem with the screens.

There must be hundreds of these devices with faulty screens out there. They might not be classified as faulty, but once you’ve seen the crystal clear screen, you won’t be satisfied with the poor 'sparkling' screen.

Posted

I wonder if there's any indication in your serial numbers?

P

Posted

I wonder if there's any indication in your serial numbers?

P

My touch's screen is the same also (pixelated) as if there is some kind of pre applied screen protector on there.

Posted

My friend and I recently bought a HTC Touch each, and it seemed to work fine. However, when I compared the screens on both devices - the difference was unbelievable. My screen was not as bright, not as sharp and had a slight sparkle effect on it (whereas my friend's has a crystal clear screen) - see photo below.

To be honest, I wouldn't have noticed that mine was wrong if I hadn't compared them. I have since has a replacement, but that is exactly the same. I wonder if there is a dodgy batch of HTC Touch phones out there?

post-310535-1192191991_thumb.jpg

Dude you are right even i saw the same thing and got so angry with htc ppl..... and what the hell.. would you beleive i bought it when it was launched here and it cost me $550 and a few of my co-workers bought it after 2 months of seeing mine (yeah they are so retard it took them 2 months to decide if they should go for windows device).... it cost them $400. and there u see they habe a brighter .. better screen......

Posted

wipe your screen sometimes sweat can do that also if u have screen protector than make sure no condensation under it