Order of Start Menu

Guest broken1

Guest broken1

How can one change the order of the Start Menu?

I have Messages first which is great, then I have Office and Calender on the first line.

I want to change it to Messages, Task Manager, Call Register etc

Is there a way to change the order of the programs in the start menu? Is there a .XML I need to edit or something?

Thanks for the help!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi there ;)

I think you can do it on the registry. Try checking this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu\Order

'Order' is a multi-string value. The first entry you see there corresponds to the first shortcut of your Start Menu. Kindly check this screengrab (from WM5 SP Emulator)...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3488/snap658lo1.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest frankquattrone
Hi there :(

I think you can do it on the registry. Try checking this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu\Order

'Order' is a multi-string value. The first entry you see there corresponds to the first shortcut of your Start Menu. Kindly check this screengrab (from WM5 SP Emulator)...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3488/snap658lo1.jpg

Has anyone gotten this to work with a Dash running WM6? I tried this on my Dash and it didn't work. The whole Start Menu turns blank and you can't do anything. I had to hard reset. The only way I've been able to do this is to first install Jeyo Personalizer. After using that to reorder the Start Menu, I can then go into the registry and make the changes I want. Weird that I have to run Jeyo first but I found that works.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andrew Sapp
Has anyone gotten this to work with a Dash running WM6? I tried this on my Dash and it didn't work. The whole Start Menu turns blank and you can't do anything. I had to hard reset. The only way I've been able to do this is to first install Jeyo Personalizer. After using that to reorder the Start Menu, I can then go into the registry and make the changes I want. Weird that I have to run Jeyo first but I found that works.

I renamed this key to Order1 on my Blackjack 2 (WM6) and power cycled. The Start Menu now displays in alpha order. You could do this and then manipulate the folder/item names to get the order you want.