• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

SPV M700 Voicemail alerts - NONE!!

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Does anyone else have a problem in receiving voicemail alerts on the SPV M700 - I dont get any at all!

I ring 123 and I have messages (15 of them) but never received any notification that I had any!

Edited by OzzMosiz

Posted · Report post

bump! Anyone?

Posted · Report post

Have you ever flashed your ROM? Do you get a text message with @_ in it instead of the voicemail message?

Posted · Report post

Have you ever flashed your ROM? Do you get a text message with @_ in it instead of the voicemail message?

I have flashed my rom, and yes I think I have had a text with a @_ in it once or twice.

Posted · Report post

Is this with Orange? I seem to have stopped getting VM alerts even with my 'normal' Samsung Orange Mobile (u600). All the VM box settings are correct!

If you are getting the @_ message, it means you need to look for a file called Rabdo's Orange Fix, which is around on XDA Developers or 4Winmobile. This file restores all the correct Orange settings including the correct VM text messages (when they are working!) and also fixes access to the rich content OrangeWorld site.

Posted · Report post

Is this with Orange? I seem to have stopped getting VM alerts even with my 'normal' Samsung Orange Mobile (u600). All the VM box settings are correct!

If you are getting the @_ message, it means you need to look for a file called Rabdo's Orange Fix, which is around on XDA Developers or 4Winmobile. This file restores all the correct Orange settings including the correct VM text messages (when they are working!) and also fixes access to the rich content OrangeWorld site.

Ah! Yes I've installed the Orange fix. Just find it bizarre not to get any VM alerts.

Posted · Report post

Ah! Yes I've installed the Orange fix. Just find it bizarre not to get any VM alerts.

Here's what's happening:

Someone leaves you a voicemail

• Someone leaves you a voicemail
  • Orange tries to tell you by sending their voicemail status code
  • Your flashed phone doesn't know how to handle it so shows the code as a text message
  • If you get one of these code messages it means your orange voicemail patch didn't work
  • If you are sure it is working after applying the patch - the only way it would not be sending you new notifications is if you never reset your answerphone to zero by deleting ALL voicemails
  • Orange will then send the 'clear voicemail' status message and all should be well
  • If someone then leaves you a voicemail and you get the @__ stuff - The patch is not working!!!

Hope this helps!

Posted · Report post

Here's what's happening:

Someone leaves you a voicemail

• Someone leaves you a voicemail
  • Orange tries to tell you by sending their voicemail status code
  • Your flashed phone doesn't know how to handle it so shows the code as a text message
  • If you get one of these code messages it means your orange voicemail patch didn't work
  • If you are sure it is working after applying the patch - the only way it would not be sending you new notifications is if you never reset your answerphone to zero by deleting ALL voicemails
  • Orange will then send the 'clear voicemail' status message and all should be well
  • If someone then leaves you a voicemail and you get the @__ stuff - The patch is not working!!!

Hope this helps!

I found a patch over at xda-developers and it's all sorted now ;)

Needed a new sms_providers.dll file as well as a sdkcerts patch (both in CAB form)

Cheers for the help.

Posted · Report post

you couldn't post a link to those could you?

am desparate to get this sorted

I missed urgent call from daughter's school the other day

I am not the flavour of the month with her mum!

cheers

I found a patch over at xda-developers and it's all sorted now ;)

Needed a new sms_providers.dll file as well as a sdkcerts patch (both in CAB form)

Cheers for the help.