Customisations

Guest RickDawson

Guest getchristylove
What have you done to customise your Kaiser?

I'm interested as to what I can do.

1. (Since I have the AT&T Tilt), I removed all the bloatware (free demo apps) that came pre-installed to free up valuable storage space.

2. Installed application (ClearTmep) which easily allows me to clear recent programs, files, cache, cookies, etc.

3. Installed a nice theme (waterdrops) for the background of my start/today screen.

4. Installed a file manager/registry hack application (TotalCommander). Of course, this was before I found out about KaiserTweak.

5. Installed LED notification app, KaiserNotification. Those constant blinking lights were making me crazier than I already am. Now, it blinks blue if I have a text message and green if I have a missed call.

6. "Re-purposed" my PTT (push to talk) button to instead open contacts (on light push) and open phone (on hard push). Accomplished by doing registry hack.

7. Installed standard(black) HTC Home Screen and installed customization app as well.

8. Installed a screen capture (Screen Capture).

And, of course, the most fun was adding pictures to my contacts. Now, normally this wouldn't be terribly exciting, but with "Favorite People" open I like seeing a pic instead of typed words.

Nothing earth-shattering, I'm sure others have done more impressive things, but this is my first pda/phone so I'm a newbie and learning as I go.

Edited by getchristylove

Just a few bits for me :D

post-174863-1193101742_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193100999_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101768_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101788_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101802_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101813_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101822_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101300_thumb.jpg

From start to finish:

T-Mobile splash screen replaced with black HTC design I found on the web

Windows Mobile splash replaced with one of my own design.

Today theme of my own design (sig)

Top and bottom bars set to Gloss black (Set basehue to 160)

HTC Home icons and font changed with HTC Home customiser

Comm manager icons replaced with default blue ones

Touch style PhonePad with custom icon in bottom bar (Please don't ask me for this ;) )

Vista style WMP skin

Custom Slide to Unlock background

T-Mobile and MDA logos under the screen have also been removed

To come..I'm working on a Touch style calculator skin, as by default it looks hideous :(

Edited by mandt

Guest dolbe666
Just a few bits for me :D

post-174863-1193101742_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193100999_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101768_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101788_thumb.jpg

post-174863-1193101802_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101813_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101822_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101300_thumb.jpg

From start to finish:

Touch style PhonePad with custom icon in bottom bar (Please don't ask me for this ;) )

Vista style WMP skin

To come..I'm working on a Touch style calculator skin, as by default it looks hideous :(

lookin good :)

Guest RickDawson

i'm deciding what to do, as i'm waiting for my 6gb memory card to arrive.

this is what i'm likely to do:

- copy stuff from the SD card of my Universal (XDA Exec) onto the new card for the Vario III

- install resco explorer and registry add-on

then do some registry edits.

- install software:

alternative browser

alternative to windows media player

GPS ( maps + other (need Suggestions))

games (any suggestions?)

data usage monitor

look at some themes / other GUI stuff

change the sounds, inc the keyboard sliding sound.

@RickDawson:

Resco explorer - Excellent choice of software, a must have in my opinion!

Look at CorePlayer (or the older TCPMP), as a replacement, and very capable, media player

For maps lok at Windows LiveSearch (my fave) Google maps mobile, or Yahoo Go!

Dig through the cd that came with the Phone, you should have a copy of Spb GPRS monitor on it (although it's called HTC GPRS monitor or something)

any of the GUI stuff you're interested in just ask and I'll point you in the direction of the stuff I've done ;)

Keyboard sliding sounds suck!

Edited by mandt

@Webreaper:

S2U2

I'm using version 0.52, but development is currently up to 0.60 which has the ability to customise the clock digits. Slide to unlock is a wicked little app and the new version Slide to unlock 2 (S2U2) has been completely re-written to use less memory, which was a problem with the original version.

Edited by mandt

Guest sc0user_75
Made 'em myself ;)

I'll gladly share mine or knock you something up if you have anything in mind

Very nice Mandt. Any chance you could conjure up a surf or wave background please?

Guest Mr.Clark
Made 'em myself ;)

I'll gladly share mine or knock you something up if you have anything in mind

Thanks for the offer, but I found a rather nice Half Life lambda logo on PocketPCScreens.com and with a sly use of MS Paint (shh! :() have got a sideways one too :D

post-125267-1193151292_thumb.png

post-125267-1193151342_thumb.png

Edited by Mr.Clark

Guest Webreaper
I'm using version 0.52, but development is currently up to 0.60 which has the ability to customise the clock digits. Slide to unlock is a wicked little app and the new version Slide to unlock 2 (S2U2) has been completely re-written to use less memory, which was a problem with the original version.

Thanks. Looks good. Got it installed, but it doesn't seem to work quite right with WM6 - when I bring back the device from standby, S2U2 isn't the foreground app, so the phone's unlocked and I just get today-screen redraw problems until I refresh it. I've set 'AutoStart=1', am I missing something? Seems a bit pointless to have a screen lock function that doesn't keep the screen locked when you bring it back. ;)

Guest Phil Lee
From start to finish:

Vista style WMP skin

Any chance of uploading your artwork. They all look great, especially the boot splash screens. I've installed S2U2 0.6 and it works well. I got a couple of errors but they seem to have gone away. Here's a shot of my Today screen at the moment. I'm using SPB Mobile Shell as the main Today plugin with its launcher as the first tab, SPB Phone Suite in the 2nd tab, SBSH PocketBreeze (with only the calendar tab) in the 3rd tab and WeatherPanel using the PhatPhingers QVGA skin in the 4th tab.

208966097-M.gif

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest weeerob
Any chance of uploading your artwork. They all look great, especially the boot splash screens.

I'd be interested in an upload of these too as they look really good.

Guest Phil Lee

I just spent an agonising few minutes going through the flash sequence. I always get nervous doing this sort of thing. It's the first time I've done this on a Vista PC so I'm relieved to say my VIII is in the land of the living with a new, more elegant, boot splash courtesy of mandt. Thanks ;)