UK WM6 update now available

Guest chucky.egg

Guest latinoxxx

How come the app says "incorrect software version"? I bought it sim free in the UK, version i600XXGC2, and downloaded the updater from the UK flag...

This does not make sense. <_<

How come the app says "incorrect software version"? I bought it sim free in the UK, version i600XXGC2, and downloaded the updater from the UK flag...

This does not make sense. <_<

The WM 6.0 upgrade seems to be version sensitive. I have the same as your and can't update from the NL flag. ;o( I know there are Dutch people who bought the branded KPN version, who used the Modaco Wiki to upgrade in two steps to WM 6.0.

I also contacted Samsung in the Netherlands and until now, I didn't get a proper answer !

Guest latinoxxx

Well, I'm trying the xippon trick, of flashing to XXGD1 version and then running the WM6 upgrader.

It's absurd though, I refrained myself from going round in circles (and reading the 23 page long post) just in case the UK user friendly option was made available. Lesson learnt I suppose! ;)

Guest spacerace

yes I did start down that road when it first came out, but couldn't get past the "Incorrect Version" message. I then decided I would just wait for the proper UK version...looks like that isn't going to work either.

This is just ridiculous. Surely most i600 handset are owned by Orange subscribers, yet the UK rom does not allow them to upgrade to WM6. This is either a huge oversight by Samsung or they are just being thick. Get us a working wm6 upgrade please!!!

Guest Dead Cell

Just click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser. It wont ask you to put anything in, it'll just download the ROM straight away.

I've also got an Orange i600. But when I filled in all the details, I did it all in CAPITALS and it seemed to have worked.

First make sure you have activesync 4.5 installed and then install the Samsung Driver, then upgrade the ROM!

1. Samsung Driver: http://fus.samsungmobile.com/i600/Samsung_..._modem_4.34.zip

2. ROM: http://fus.samsungmobile.com/I600/i600UXXupdater.exe

Hope this helps.

D.C

Guest Alsicole

Woohoo! I now have a lovely new WM6 device. I not with some amusement that it tells you in the FAQ that you can't do the ROM upgrade with a Mac. Oh yes you can, thanks Parallels!

Anyway, upgraded Missing Sync to version 4.0 last night straight after the ROM upgrade and it connected immediately, in fact I think it's quicker connecting than before. Synced all my contacts and calendar back, reinstalled my regular apps and I'm good to go. The whole process from start to finish only took about 2 hours including the reinstalls.

Am liking the new version of the the Messaging App. Haven't noticed any key issues yet Gav, but I'm using Papyrus for my calendar.

Guest gavinfabl
Woohoo! I now have a lovely new WM6 device. I not with some amusement that it tells you in the FAQ that you can't do the ROM upgrade with a Mac. Oh yes you can, thanks Parallels!

Anyway, upgraded Missing Sync to version 4.0 last night straight after the ROM upgrade and it connected immediately, in fact I think it's quicker connecting than before. Synced all my contacts and calendar back, reinstalled my regular apps and I'm good to go. The whole process from start to finish only took about 2 hours including the reinstalls.

Am liking the new version of the the Messaging App. Haven't noticed any key issues yet Gav, but I'm using Papyrus for my calendar.

Well, I have bricked my device. Speaking to Samsung support. Very helpful, but alas it back to their service centre. Cant even hard reset properly. Message appears and then it goes straight into bootloader.

Can the updater work without verfying device?

Guest RicardoMile

This is quite an impressive news. I have downloaded the WM6 now the problem I have is I cannot use Arabic Characters nor I'm able to read/view them. What can I do, how should I go about it?

Alternatively, I can go back to WM5 but would appreciate if someone can guide me to where I could find Windows Live so I could use it in my WM5.

Thank you

Guest eminkaya

My i600 is bought in Turkey. then i saw the link. i selected UK.then i wrote my version code "i600JUGF1", but website doesn't accept. then i wrote "i600XXGD1" version code. i did download rom, modem drive.

i can't install wm6 ROM. That is Error Message. It's "Incorrect Software". How can I solve it.

Guest Dead Cell
My i600 is bought in Turkey. then i saw the link. i selected UK.then i wrote my version code "i600JUGF1", but website doesn't accept. then i wrote "i600XXGD1" version code. i did download rom, modem drive.

i can't install wm6 ROM. That is Error Message. It's "Incorrect Software". How can I solve it.

Try flashing it first with i600XXGD1 which is WM5, then try flashing it with the WM6 ROM.

D.C

Guest eminkaya
Try flashing it first with i600XXGD1 which is WM5, then try flashing it with the WM6 ROM.

D.C

Thanks for reply.

how can i flash i600XXGD1 with WM5 ROM. i haven't with WM5 ROM for i600.

Guest Dead Cell
Thanks for reply.

how can i flash i600XXGD1 with WM5 ROM. i haven't with WM5 ROM for i600.

Hey there,

Please check your messages. I've sent you a PM.

D.C

Guest onlyconnect

Just for the record, I successfully updated to WM6 using the UK flag.

This is actually the second time; I updated before using the NL flag, then it went back for service (dust under screen) and came back reset to WM5. I didn't then re-flash until just now. All went fine.

I have an Orange SIM but bought the device unlocked.

Tim

Guest Evrim_GS

Hi,

Also I have an i600 which I bought from turkey ( i600JUGF1 ). I want to upgrade

it to wm6, but for now the only way is first upgrading to european rom and then

wm6 rom. But if I change the default rom of the phone, can there be any problems

about it.

Also my rom doesnt have VoiceAssist installed. Its also confusing my mind.

And can I take assistance about upgrading to i600XXGD1.

Thanks.

Guest Fatboylarry

I would like to upgrade to WM 6 but really like the Carousel add in from WM5. Can anybody who has successfully upgraded please confirm that teh Samsung add-ins are still presen in the new version.

Many thanks