T-mobile SDA 4gb memory card causing phone to freeze up

Guest zypperneck

Guest zypperneck

I just changed phones from the SMT5600 to a T-mobile SDA ( I like the non-touch screen candy bar style). My miniSD 4gb card seems to cause my phone to freeze up. I put my old 1gb card in with the same data on it and it runs fine. I've tried searching for any forums discussing the topic but without success. Does the 4gb need to be formatted? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as any suggestions for must have software.

Thanks,

Z

Guest awarner (MVP)

Without testing the device I would be surprised if a 4gb card will work as the card is probably an miniSDHC.

As far as I'm aware the largest cards you can use on your phone is 2gb

Your new phone is actually an HTC Tempo related design which is related to the HTC Tornado reference design.

Guest Lobojpm

I was trying to do this same thing. I bought a 4GB card via ebay and the phone seems to start up and recognize it but then it starts acting unstable.

I was hoping it might work, and I thought I may have bought a non-SDHC 4GB card. Is there such thing? I wonder if there is a way to tell.

I've seen places that seem to show 4GB cards as compatible with the SDA (Tornado):

http://www.mobymemory.com/compatible/MobyM...mpatibility.asp

Also, does anyone thing a ROM update would help?

Thanks,

Lobojpm

Guest awarner (MVP)

I believe there are 4GB non SDHC especially in SD but I am not aware of any in miniSD format.

The SDA is not SDHC compliant and so you would have to use a standard old style miniSD card.

It's unlikely a ROM update would help as I'm not aware of a ROM update giving you the SDHC capability.

Guest zypperneck
4GB non SDHC do exist (e.g. http://www.bmcdigital.co.uk/catalog/browse...tra-high-speed), i've not tried them personally though. Does your card have 'HC' written on it?

P

I dont see "HC". The only info is "AOMIO4G-SM1H--A888-0702" if this gives any clue.

So if I understand from the comments, its an HTC phone version issue? because the phone I had it in was an HTC also (SMT5600). I guess Im going to have to purchase another card that is non 'HC'?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by zypperneck

Guest zypperneck
I was trying to do this same thing. I bought a 4GB card via ebay and the phone seems to start up and recognize it but then it starts acting unstable.

I was hoping it might work, and I thought I may have bought a non-SDHC 4GB card. Is there such thing? I wonder if there is a way to tell.

I've seen places that seem to show 4GB cards as compatible with the SDA (Tornado):

http://www.mobymemory.com/compatible/MobyM...mpatibility.asp

Also, does anyone thing a ROM update would help?

Thanks,

Lobojpm

Those are the exact symptoms I had.

Z

Guest awarner (MVP)
So if I understand from the comments, its an HTC phone version issue? because the phone I had it in was an HTC also (SMT5600). I guess I'm going to have to purchase another card that is non 'HC'?

The 4GB card worked in the SMT5600? if it did then the card you have is definitely not SDHC as theSMT5600 was around well before the SDHC format was introduced which means the card could be just be a compatibility issue with the SDA.