• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

T-mobile SDA 4gb memory card causing phone to freeze up

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just changed phones from the SMT5600 to a T-mobile SDA ( I like the non-touch screen candy bar style). My miniSD 4gb card seems to cause my phone to freeze up. I put my old 1gb card in with the same data on it and it runs fine. I've tried searching for any forums discussing the topic but without success. Does the 4gb need to be formatted? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as any suggestions for must have software.

Thanks,

Z

Posted · Report post

Without testing the device I would be surprised if a 4gb card will work as the card is probably an miniSDHC.

As far as I'm aware the largest cards you can use on your phone is 2gb

Your new phone is actually an HTC Tempo related design which is related to the HTC Tornado reference design.

Posted · Report post

I was trying to do this same thing. I bought a 4GB card via ebay and the phone seems to start up and recognize it but then it starts acting unstable.

I was hoping it might work, and I thought I may have bought a non-SDHC 4GB card. Is there such thing? I wonder if there is a way to tell.

I've seen places that seem to show 4GB cards as compatible with the SDA (Tornado):

http://www.mobymemory.com/compatible/MobyM...mpatibility.asp

Also, does anyone thing a ROM update would help?

Thanks,

Lobojpm

Posted · Report post

I believe there are 4GB non SDHC especially in SD but I am not aware of any in miniSD format.

The SDA is not SDHC compliant and so you would have to use a standard old style miniSD card.

It's unlikely a ROM update would help as I'm not aware of a ROM update giving you the SDHC capability.

Posted (edited) · Report post

4GB non SDHC do exist (e.g. http://www.bmcdigital.co.uk/catalog/browse...tra-high-speed), i've not tried them personally though. Does your card have 'HC' written on it?

P

I dont see "HC". The only info is "AOMIO4G-SM1H--A888-0702" if this gives any clue.

So if I understand from the comments, its an HTC phone version issue? because the phone I had it in was an HTC also (SMT5600). I guess Im going to have to purchase another card that is non 'HC'?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by zypperneck

Posted · Report post

I was trying to do this same thing. I bought a 4GB card via ebay and the phone seems to start up and recognize it but then it starts acting unstable.

I was hoping it might work, and I thought I may have bought a non-SDHC 4GB card. Is there such thing? I wonder if there is a way to tell.

I've seen places that seem to show 4GB cards as compatible with the SDA (Tornado):

http://www.mobymemory.com/compatible/MobyM...mpatibility.asp

Also, does anyone thing a ROM update would help?

Thanks,

Lobojpm

Those are the exact symptoms I had.

Z

Posted · Report post

So if I understand from the comments, its an HTC phone version issue? because the phone I had it in was an HTC also (SMT5600). I guess I'm going to have to purchase another card that is non 'HC'?

The 4GB card worked in the SMT5600? if it did then the card you have is definitely not SDHC as theSMT5600 was around well before the SDHC format was introduced which means the card could be just be a compatibility issue with the SDA.