rom change - from o2 to orange???

Guest alan2022000

Guest alan2022000

hi, newbie to this phone, i have got the o2 xda exec.... can i reflash the rom to the new orange rom, so it will as in a way i think, will it rebrand it to orange instead of o2... and hopefully work like it should on orange

plus does anyone know about games on this device, meaning,... i had a m500, screen res of 320x240, but will games work full screen on this phone as the res is 640x480, will the phone resize the game to the 640x480 res

hope to hear some replys

Edited by alan2022000

hi, newbie to this phone, i have got the o2 xda exec.... can i reflash the rom to the new orange rom, so it will as in a way i think, will it rebrand it to orange instead of o2... and hopefully work like it should on orange

plus does anyone know about games on this device, meaning,... i had a m500, screen res of 320x240, but will games work full screen on this phone as the res is 640x480, will the phone resize the game to the 640x480 res

hope to hear some replys

Alan, I know a guy who's gone the other way. He took his Orange SPV M5000 (HTC Universal) and flashed it with O2's ROMs and it worked. I don't think he had much trouble doing it. I'm not 100% sure it won't brick your device, but I can't guarantee it. The likelyhood is, even if it didn't work, you could just flash it back to O2 with O2s ROMs.

• 5 months later...
Guest spvlover

If i were you, id head over to www.xda-developers.com, and check the Wiki.

Theres few good cooked ROMs available , probably better then the original Orange or O2 ROMs. ( sorry mods if im not allowd to say this, please delete )

i sugjest you check for Ranjus 7.6 in the Universal Mobile 6 section.

Cant stress this enough : Read The WiKi .

hope that hepls ya :-)

Guest awarner (MVP)

One post to look at regarding ROM change and also switching to the unofficial WM6 can be found HERE

As for games some developers do VGA resolutions, but other will give you a black border but the screen quality is still better :D

Don't forget any ROM flashing is done at the users own risk, most of the time it is safe and easy to do (depending on the ROM) but any problems like power or data interruptions can kill a device.