Loading Touch Settings on device

Guest petec500

Guest petec500

Hi,

Having received my HTC Touch (from Orange) yesterday, i'm totally delighted - everything i ever wanted from one incredibly slimline device.

I've started taking the advice on here to download some useful facilities and programmes - the first being Touch Settings. I downloaded the file, copied it to my device using ActiveSync, then ran it. However, when it gets to the end of the install, i get the error message:

"Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient permissions."

Do i need to unblock the phone or something? Advice will be gratefully received.

Edited by petec500

Guest petec500
Download and install this: http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

then touch settings should install first time

Touch Setings is Great!!

Many thanks for your advice, but i tried this and it made no difference. SdkCerts installed ok, but when i then went to install Touch Settings, i get the same error message as before. Do i have to do something with SdkCerts after installing it? I tried cycling the unit's power.

The full error message is:L

Installation was unsuccessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

Please help!!

Edited by petec500

Guest petec500

Thanks again, but nope! Filled in the details for my phone, got the email through with the link, which i followed, downloaded the .cab file onto my phone and ran it - installed it fine and got the confirmation that my phone was now un-protected or whatever the term used was.

Then i run the Touch Settings .cab file and it still comes up with the same error message.

I really, really want to crack this - i dont like technology getting one up on me!!

Any more suggestions? Would it make any difference running the Touch Settings .cab file on my handset rather than from my storage card perhaps?

Guest petec500
Main memory or Storage card isn't the issue here. This is my last try, if this doesn't work I'm out of ideas ;)

Cert_SPCS.zip

don't remember where I got this, but give it a go

I really appreciate your efforts to help me out with this one - that's what makes these forums really work!

However, i downloaded the file you sent me, unzipped it, copied it to my phone using Active Sync, then ran it - installed perfectly, but still hasn't made any difference to me being able to install Touch Settings sadly.

I'll do a bit more digging and experimenting and let you know if i sort it.

Thanks again.

Guest petec500

Sorted at last!

Found the original source of the software for Touch Settings and downloaded/installed the manual install version from this site:

Touch Settings downloads

Followed the simple instructions included in the zip file and hey presto - Touch Settings appears in my Programs!

Neat little application - well worth the hassle of getting it to work!

Many thanks again to mandt for helping me.

So, what's next on my wishlist for this fab little device???!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Had to rebuild my Touch recently, the problem seems to be this:

make sure to remove MediaHubMini.exe from \Windows\StartUp, soft-reset, then install the software

• 2 months later...
Guest mandt

The default file explorer probably won't let you,

I would recommend Resco Explorer, you can get a trial but I would seriously advocate purchasing it as it is pretty much a must have app IMO

• 1 month later...
Guest pixelbite888

Great forum!

I am also having trouble installing Touch Settings. I have tried everything suggested, with no success. The reason might be because im using a VX 6900 (Verizon HTC Touch). Any ideas? Installation goes well, but when starting up I get this message:

"This Beta has expired - please download a new copy from www.fattitude.com" . Thats what I get using the latest install from thier site :D .

Guest rodg98133
Great forum!

I am also having trouble installing Touch Settings. I have tried everything suggested, with no success. The reason might be because im using a VX 6900 (Verizon HTC Touch). Any ideas? Installation goes well, but when starting up I get this message:

"This Beta has expired - please download a new copy from www.fattitude.com" . Thats what I get using the latest install from thier site :D .

This is the same message i get?