Two dead Dashes and a dead Wing...I'm starting to lose faith in HTC...

Guest Jorsher

Guest Jorsher

Alrighty so here we go. I had a T-Mobile wing, kept it in my pocket like I always have, and how I kept my MDA with me for years. Magically, the screen cracked at the lower left side. What gives? I wasn't contorting my body in odd ways or pressing against the screen, but it destroyed itself. I found the service manual online and will buy a new LCD off ebay, fortunately I had another Wing laying around.

I also have a couple Dashes. One will turn on, screen lights up, windows boot sounds play, but the screen is solid white. Any ideas? I haven't tried reflashing but I didn't see how it would help. Although, I don't know if it's a physical problem since the screen does light up...it just stays white.

The second dash was running unbelievably sluggish and I could not navigate the start menu to format it. I decided to update the firmware to the newest one on T-Mobile's site, which went well, but then when I restarted the phone...it would freeze momentarily at the splash screen/animation, then go to "auto configuring" and when it hit 2% would always turn off. When I restarted the phone, it would give me a BSOD (sweet! didn't know they exist in WM) saying the device was unexpectedly turned off, possibly due to the battery being removed or low power. When I pressed ok (or yes, can't remember), it'd go back to the auto configure and turn off again. I tried a few times, no luck, and tried reflashing but couldn't since it wouldn't load the OS. Oddly, while typing this thread, it fixed itself.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Have you tried a 'hard reset' on the first dash? If you're not getting anything on screen but you are getting the sounds, I do fear it's a hardware problem.

Second dash, again, a hard reset would have been my first course of action.

Sucks about the Wing screen, but pressure must have somehow been applied to the case in that corner?

P

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest SaTaNi
please im from argentina and wwould really appreciate if u could send me the sercive manual. My email is [email protected]

you can get official manuals at the htc-homepage, and at xda-developers.org forums you can find aservice-manual including a guide, how to dis-assemble and re-assemble the device. (try at own risk)

• 1 year later...
Guest bigd187
you can get official manuals at the htc-homepage, and at xda-developers.org forums you can find aservice-manual including a guide, how to dis-assemble and re-assemble the device. (try at own risk)

in regards to the dash(s).....usb data cable, rom which is findable with google