Replacing the t-zones menu with a web and application favourites menu

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bluefrequency

I origionally posted this in a different thread, but it fits best here.

These are the registery edits for the t-zones menu, explained. enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a note, focused on the web/links on the left. (the default options are 4 fold: MS portable IE, T-zones ringers, T-zones background, My Account).

The registry entries for these are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks.

• the Iconpaths key includes the path to the active image (highlighted, 1st), the inactive image (unhighlighted, 3rd, and something else).

• the Pages key includes which pages, and in what order, the pages are displayed.

in each page subkey, e.g. Page5 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page5

• ACTIONURL is what happens when you press enter, in the following format: "program; [website]". ex. ":MSPIE; google.com" = MS portable IE, opening google.com

• the GUID is the same across all the Page keys- just copy and paste

• PICTURES is the image link- i used .png s and dropped them in the \windows\ directory. theoretically, you could change the repository and/or size, I haven't tried. nor have I tried other formats.

• SK2TEXT is the right soft button text (e.g. "gmail")

• SK2URL is the right softbutton action, following the ACTIONURL format: e.g. ":MSPIE;gmail.com" to open gmail.

• TEXT1 is the bold, main text (I'm pretty sure, double check it) (ex. "Google")

• TEXT2 is something else, don't ask me, i don't know

• TITLETEXT is the small text above the big- format "text [a/b]", where text is the value of TITLETEXT, and a is the index of the Page, b is the number of total Pages ."Internet [3/4]" or "Mail [2/4]".

That all I know, though if anyone has a working faded of the MS IE icon to use instead of the faded T-Mob hotspot one, I would love it.

Cheers

Hope it helps.

Guest kwoodall

I decided to add mobiPocket reader to my Shadow's Neo menus today so I made a new icon for it. Here it is for anyone else who wants it!

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

post-199124-1196199828_thumb.png

Im new to this forum and don't have much gadgeting skill at all to contribute but please accept my thanks for your talented effort. I bought this phone today and quickly experienced buyers remorse. After an hour here I actually think my new smartphone is starting to grow on me.

Its the hacking community that makes these electronics worth having. I can't wait to see this customization app. Its exactly what I asked the salesgirl at the store for!

And while I'm here thanks to the theme builders and ESPECIALLY the guy that figured out how to change the default start page in the web browser. (Infuckingexcusable that TMobile would cripple a user selectable home page!)

Edited by D.Noob

Guest benbenjiben
And while I'm here thanks to the theme builders and ESPECIALLY the guy that figured out how to change the default start page in the web browser. (Infuckingexcusable that TMobile would cripple a user selectable home page!)

Hi new to site as well, just curious where that post is i would love to change the home page of explorer to anything other than the t mobil home page any help would be greatly app :(

Guest kwoodall

I just completed a big overhaul of my Neo menus. I added an Apps and a Games menu (although this is starting to feel like too many menus, but I'm still pretty pleased with myself) and created icons for everything in sight, including the little side icons for Apps and Games itself. Prepare to be icon'ed!

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

post-199124-1196369576_thumb.png post-199124-1196369561_thumb.png post-199124-1196369551_thumb.png post-199124-1196369544_thumb.png

post-199124-1196446730_thumb.png post-199124-1196369423_thumb.png post-199124-1196369430_thumb.png post-199124-1196369438_thumb.png post-199124-1196369446_thumb.png

post-199124-1196369462_thumb.png post-199124-1196369471_thumb.png post-199124-1196369485_thumb.png post-199124-1196446831_thumb.png post-199124-1196369513_thumb.png

post-199124-1196369478_thumb.png post-199124-1196369454_thumb.png post-199124-1196369492_thumb.png

Bear in mind that in most cases I'm Google'ing for graphics and repurposing them. I don't claim any huge originality, but the graphics did have to be edited, shadowed and reflected, and in some cases I did transparencies as well. In a few cases I did a enough work that the original source would be near impossible to discern.

So...no copyrights, not even a creative commons, just use 'em if you like 'em!

Edited by kwoodall

Guest trickinit
I just completed a big overhaul of my Neo menus. I added an Apps and a Games menu (although this is starting to feel like too many menus, but I'm still pretty pleased with myself) and created icons for everything in sight, including the little side icons for Apps and Games itself. Prepare to be icon'ed!

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

post-199124-1196369576_thumb.png post-199124-1196369561_thumb.png post-199124-1196369551_thumb.png post-199124-1196369544_thumb.png

post-199124-1196369423_thumb.png post-199124-1196369430_thumb.png post-199124-1196369438_thumb.png post-199124-1196369446_thumb.png

post-199124-1196369462_thumb.png post-199124-1196369471_thumb.png post-199124-1196369485_thumb.png post-199124-1196369513_thumb.png

post-199124-1196369478_thumb.png post-199124-1196369454_thumb.png post-199124-1196369492_thumb.png

Bear in mind that in most cases I'm Google'ing for graphics and repurposing them. I don't claim any huge originality, but the graphics did have to be edited, shadowed and reflected, and in some cases I did transparencies as well. In a few cases I did a enough work that the original source would be near impossible to discern.

Wow.. they look amazing!

Guest hamsuplo

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Awesome findings Kermit! Those would look good with the stock icons. Not sure if you knew but one of the PNG images in the Windows folder contains an image of the 3 aces also. Looks pretty sharp also. :(

Guest benbenjiben

Actually the homepage is identified here: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs\home_0409. There it identifies what to open.

Yeah, that works better. The other way makes it so it returns to the homepage everytime I click on it. Thanks!

great! thanks for the direction what do i have to replace in the string to send it to google?

Guest kwoodall
For those who use a Nes/Snes Emulator.

WIth GBENRUS's kind permission, I've modified his icons to be reflective in the same manner as my own. Thanks again! BTW, which NES/SNES emulators are you guys using?

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

post-199124-1196447010_thumb.png post-199124-1196446999_thumb.png

Guest trickinit
WIth GBENRUS's kind permission, I've modified his icons to be reflective in the same manner as my own. Thanks again! BTW, which NES/SNES emulators are you guys using?

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Thanks gbenrus and Kermit.. they look great!

Edited by trickinit

Guest gbenrus25

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

that looks real nice. thanks... I use PocketNester Plus and PocketSnes. They work great on the Shadow

Guest badbob001

For shortcuts in the neo links interface, it appears that you need to put a semicolon after the executable and then put your parameters.

eg:

bad: \windows\iexplore.exe www.google.com

good: \windows\iexplore.exe; www.google.com

Here is the syntax to directly run opera mini 4:

\Windows\jbed.exe; -run s0_

I previously put in the path to the application shortcut, but I wouldn't be able to move the shortcut.

Guest benbenjiben
You're right about that. In fact, now I've got Opera and Opera Mini launching!

(The key with Opera Mini is calling the shortcut in \Windows\Start Menu\ with quotes around it.)

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

how did you get the o mini to launch from the neo favs page? what does the string look like im having trouble understanding steps (just began modding 2 days ago so any and all valid help is greatly app :()

Guest badbob001
how did you get the o mini to launch from the neo favs page? what does the string look like im having trouble understanding steps (just began modding 2 days ago so any and all valid help is greatly app :()

See my post immediately before yours.

If you need to know more about opera mini on the shadow: see my faq entry here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=4

Guest benbenjiben
See my post immediately before yours.

If you need to know more about opera mini on the shadow: see my faq entry here:

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p...amp;postcount=4

Thanks for the help however i dont know if im putting the string in the right place \\\registry\HKLM\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page2\ACTIONURL (i dont use the hi fi ringers download page option) Then i put in this string \Windows\jbed.exe; -run s0_ tryed w/ quotes around whole string as well but i go to neo menu go to page 2 of tmobile and i get the alert message cannot find 'jbed' (or one of its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all the requried libraires are available. its clear im not doing something right but dont know what? opera mini 4 is only java app installed any help greatly app:)

Guest badbob001
Thanks for the help however i dont know if im putting the string in the right place \\\registry\HKLM\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page2\ACTIONURL (i dont use the hi fi ringers download page option) Then i put in this string \Windows\jbed.exe; -run s0_ tryed w/ quotes around whole string as well but i go to neo menu go to page 2 of tmobile and i get the alert message cannot find 'jbed' (or one of its components). Make sure path and filename are correct and that all the requried libraires are available. its clear im not doing something right but dont know what? opera mini 4 is only java app installed any help greatly app:)

You don't need any quotes; just look at the registry entries under CLinks: they don't use quotes either. And did you install jbed? If not, then your default jvm is jeodek.exe. I installed jbed because jeodek doesn't support internet access through t-zones, which may not be an issue for you if you have a better internet plan.

Guest benbenjiben
You don't need any quotes; just look at the registry entries under CLinks: they don't use quotes either. And did you install jbed? If not, then your default jvm is jeodek.exe. I installed jbed because jeodek doesn't support internet access through t-zones, which may not be an issue for you if you have a better internet plan.

you know i did not install the jbed cab, saw your previous post and did some checking under clinks, and other strings and came up with \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run however when i select the new string it loads java app but i am missing the last step to auto launch opera mini (i still have to press opera mini app to launch) i have tried putting in -run opera mini_ and even run_ root in quotes, but i know this has got to be a simple fix at a loss at the moment any ideas Thanks:) ( I pay the 20 for data from t-mobil so i dont think this will be an issue)

Edited by benbenjiben

Guest badbob001
you know i did not install the jbed cab, saw your previous post and did some checking under clinks, and other strings and came up with \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run however when i select the new string it loads java app but i am missing the last step to auto launch opera mini (i still have to press opera mini app to launch) i have tried putting in -run opera mini_ and even run_ root in quotes, but i know this has got to be a simple fix at a loss at the moment any ideas Thanks:) ( I pay the 20 for data from t-mobil so i dont think this will be an issue)

There is an exact science to this. It's exactly:

\Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_

The 0 (zero) specifies the first java application you installed, which I assume is opera. You really should read the link I provided where I give a step by step for using opera. Or read this:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv...et-manager.html

Guest benbenjiben
There is an exact science to this. It's exactly:

\Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_

The 0 (zero) specifies the first java application you installed, which I assume is opera. You really should read the link I provided where I give a step by step for using opera. Or read this:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv...et-manager.html

cool tried the string you left \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_ but it still did not work (showed an error on finding s0 .......but .......i looked at the very helpful link, some one reported problems with total commander using this string, but i figured out replacing the 0 with a 1 in the string worked like a charm, i dont know maby s0 is looking for the root folder but its working now, just changed text and am perparing to load png files to device Thanks for all the helpful post really got me in the right direction :(

Guest badbob001
cool tried the string you left \Windows\jeodek.exe; -run s0_ but it still did not work (showed an error on finding s0 .......but .......i looked at the very helpful link, some one reported problems with total commander using this string, but i figured out replacing the 0 with a 1 in the string worked like a charm, i dont know maby s0 is looking for the root folder but its working now, just changed text and am perparing to load png files to device Thanks for all the helpful post really got me in the right direction :(

If s1 worked, that just means that opera was not the first applet you ever installed.

s0 = first

s1 = second

s2 = third

etc

Perhaps you installed something, uninstalled it, and then installed opera?

Guest badbob001

Here's how to turn the CLinks menu to a cheap photo dialer.

So for each page, change the picture to point to a photo and change the action link to:

tel:17775551212

When you click it, it will dial that number. You can also change the right-softkey button to launch another number, so for a specific contact, you can have a way to dial two numbers, like Mobile and Home.

You can also use the tel: syntax in shortcuts:

15#tel:17775551212

In case you're wondering, with wm shortcuts, the number before the # counts how many characters are after the #. No idea if it's important for that to be correct since the shortcut still works if the number is incorrect.

Now, if would be nice if there were an application to easier add/remove/update your photo contacts or search the call log and populate the pages with your most frequently called people. For the photos, it can just look for a matching .jpg or use a generic one if not present.

Edited by badbob001

Guest benbenjiben
If s1 worked, that just means that opera was not the first applet you ever installed.

s0 = first

s1 = second

s2 = third

etc

Perhaps you installed something, uninstalled it, and then installed opera?

Its poss when i look under the \windows\appdb\ to see corosponding numbers and applet files all i could see was s1 for like 5 diffrent files i think i did install o mini 1st day i had phone but ended up doing a master reset on the 3rd day cuz the vtap app i added was showing that i had 1 text message and -1 picture and -1 mms messages even when i had nothing there maby residual file info stuck to java midlet? Who knows just happy it works, but really, thanks for the helpful advice:) always looking to gain as much knowledge as possible, the more i mod the more i understand about the basics!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mmmike42
See pic below... with some registry tweaking and some image creation as required, you can turn the t-zones menu into a favourites menu for whatever you want (apps, web pages etc). You're not limited to 4 either :D

Refining the process atm, but watch this space!

P

PS Note that this is a real live screen shot and it works as you would expect...

PPS HKLM\Security\cHome\CLinks is where the fun begins :(

NeoScreen002.png

where in the registry can I find the settings to change them too?