• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Changing the 'Contacts' right key option

10 posts in this topic

Posted

To change the 'Contacts' right key option (the default on the 'home' icon), browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock and set the following entries:

SK2TEXT - the text you want to see on the softkey

SK2URL - the filename of the app you wish to open when pressed.

Piece of cake ;)

P

Posted

To change the 'Contacts' right key option (the default on the 'home' icon), browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CClock and set the following entries:

SK2TEXT - the text you want to see on the softkey

SK2URL - the filename of the app you wish to open when pressed.

Piece of cake ;)

P

Cool. Why would you really need Contacts when you have Smart Dial anyways. Now to think about what app I would like to put there, hmm....

Posted

I think i'll probably put messaging there... as it's what I use most by far.

P

Posted

I think i'll probably put messaging there... as it's what I use most by far.

P

I actually put PocketBible there, but have the wrong shortcut. All they had there before was :MSCONTACTS. Can you tell me the format for the shortcut that I should put there? For example, I have PocketBible on my storage card. I am thinking I should create a shortcut to the application and place it in the same place as MSCONTACTS, right?

Posted

Yes, just the full format, e.g. \Storage Card\Porogram Files\Pocket Bible\Filename.exe, in quotes may help.

P

Posted

Yes, just the full format, e.g. \Storage Card\Porogram Files\Pocket Bible\Filename.exe, in quotes may help.

P

Got it! I wasn't erasing the : that was sitting on the far left of the line. Thanks, I look forward to more tweaking ;)

Posted

Watch this space! ;)

P

Posted (edited)

How to you find the file name for the applications on the phone

Edited by capcoke

Posted

How to you find the file name for the applications on the phone

I used the File Explorer to find the executable program file and then hit the right menu to view the properties. This will give you the name of the program that you should use.

Posted (edited)

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having trouble setting the right soft key to start the voice command. I've got Voice in the SK2text, and in the SK2URL I've got \windows\voicecmd.exe.

Every time I reboot, it's still the contacts listed, and it still opens the contacts. What am I doing wrong? I've tried with and without the quotes around it...

Please advise,

THanks,

Jeff

(oh, and Paul, what path did you use to get the messaging there? Wasn't sure which executable to point to.. Can't decide between that or the voice command - not that I can get either to work. :D )

Thanks,

Edited by notaliberal