SPV M3100 4Gb Micro SDHC card showing "Not installed"

Guest vintage.minge

Guest vintage.minge

Alright everybody,i need the expertise of the Modaco community once more.I have an SPV M3100 on Orange.which is ace but when i slot a Micro SDHC 4Gb card in it dosen't see the card,in Settings/Memory/Storage card it displays "Not intalled", in file explorer it also does not appear, However if i insert a 2Gb Micro SD card all is well,is it the case the a Micro SDHC isnt gonna work,if thats the case i have a really small usless piece of plastic,which i constantly lose on the floor.

Cheers in advance.

Guest jimbouk

I think I saw that some of the cooked WM6 roms enable SDHC support for hermes devices. Google for the black majik/shadow/satin roms and I think they add sdhc drivers.

Alright everybody,i need the expertise of the Modaco community once more.I have an SPV M3100 on Orange.which is ace but when i slot a Micro SDHC 4Gb card in it dosen't see the card,in Settings/Memory/Storage card it displays "Not intalled", in file explorer it also does not appear, However if i insert a 2Gb Micro SD card all is well,is it the case the a Micro SDHC isnt gonna work,if thats the case i have a really small usless piece of plastic,which i constantly lose on the floor.

Cheers in advance.

;) Hi, I've got a MDA VarioII using T-Mobile and currently have a 2Gb Micro SD storage card which works just fine. Like you I am keen to get a larger card - have you found any info on the problem yet? I am looking into upgrading from WM5 to WM6 - will that help?

Guest jimbouk

As I said above... the latest cooked WM6 roms for the hermes add sdhc support.

You would need to 1) find a rom you like 2) read up on how to SAFELY flash your device and then 3) go for it...

Guest vintage.minge

Ive Managed to get my SDHC 4Gb card working with my standard Orange wm5, SPV M3100,(My SPV is Updated to the latest Orange rom),without changing my O.S to Wm6.

Have a Look here. http://www.aximsite.com/boards/x50-x51-for...-2-3-1-rom.html.

Ive attached the file also.

I can confirm this works ,i have got an SDHC card.

Place the file on your device launch the CAB file on your device,let it install,It will then restart,and low and behold SDHC cards work.

;)

SDHC.CAB

Edited by vintage.minge

• 1 year later...
Ive Managed to get my SDHC 4Gb card working with my standard Orange wm5, SPV M3100,(My SPV is Updated to the latest Orange rom),without changing my O.S to Wm6.

Place the file on your device launch the CAB file on your device,let it install,It will then restart,and low and behold SDHC cards work.

:)

It did the magic..... Great work

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tinderbox

:(

brilliant mate, been looking for a workaround for days!