MoDaCo Shadow XT9 Language Pack (14 in 1!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

;)

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

MoDaCo_Shadow_XT9_Language_Pack_1.1.CAB

Guest mmmaiki

Thanks a lot, Paul!

Where did you get all those language packs so quick?

You should probably make this post an "Announcement", so it stays at the top of the page, so that people can easily find it who are looking for other languages in the future.

Thanks again.

I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:D

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :)

Enjoy!

P

HI PAUL Perfect !

Please can you add GREEK Language support? :(

PLEASE _ PLEASE _ PLEASE (even I'll donate you!) ;)

Guest badbob001
Does anyone know anything about a Chinese language pack?

I'm not sure about chinese input on smartphones, but here is how to view chinese/asian characters:

1. Find your favorite chinese truetype font and copy it to \windows\. I use mUniFontM and will use it in my examples.

2. Add the following registry string values:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\FontPath\FontPath=\Windows

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink\Segoe Condensed=\Windows\mUniFontM.ttf,mUniFontM

3. Restart.

You'll find a ton of posts on the net about how to do this but they may reference Arial, Times New Roman, etc. The new trick is that for wm6 standard (smartphone), it now uses the font 'Segoe Condensed' so those references to the other fonts will not work on wm6 standard. This drove me nuts for a few hours. :(

I'm not sure about chinese input on smartphones, but here is how to view chinese/asian characters:

1. Find your favorite chinese truetype font and copy it to \windows\. I use mUniFontM and will use it in my examples.

2. Add the following registry string values:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\FontPath\FontPath=\Windows

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink\Segoe Condensed=\Windows\mUniFontM.ttf,mUniFontM

3. Restart.

You'll find a ton of posts on the net about how to do this but they may reference Arial, Times New Roman, etc. The new trick is that for wm6 standard (smartphone), it now uses the font 'Segoe Condensed' so those references to the other fonts will not work on wm6 standard. This drove me nuts for a few hours. :(

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hello

Im a new windows mobile user - i bought a HTC Touch Dual - English

Can I change the Dictionary to Danish with this cab file, so the divice vil suggest

danish words when i type in.

Best Regards

Danvad, Denmark ..... :(

Guest GadgetManiac

Hi Paul !

Thanks for the package, man.

It's really fantastic.

Just a quick one: is there a way to disable certain languages?

Best regards!

GM.

Guest tibor22

Paul and other friends,

If somebody finds a Hungarian .ldb file in some Smartphone software, please, post it in order to be able to include it into my XT9 system (on HTC Artemis).

The problem is that there's another xt9 system e.g. in Vox that uses .dll files for storing the language dictionaries. That system HAS HUNGARIAN SUPPORT, the Shadows' xt9 not... :(

But maybe some other new smartphone type has come or will come out with Hungarian support and we, Hungarian users could 'port' it into our PDAs.

Thanks in advance!

I can't seem to pick dutch from the list of available languages.

...it keeps suggesting english words when I type with the keyboard.

Do I need to change something in the registry manually?

FYI, I'm using a TYTN II (Kaiser)

When I change the registry value "LibraryCount" to 16, Dutch appears in the list but I cannot type any text with this language selected. Perhaps some KeyboardID mappings are wrong? I only see 0909 mapped.