MoDaCo Shadow XT9 Language Pack (14 in 1!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ákos
Paul and other friends,

If somebody finds a Hungarian .ldb file in some Smartphone software, please, post it in order to be able to include it into my XT9 system (on HTC Artemis).

The problem is that there's another xt9 system e.g. in Vox that uses .dll files for storing the language dictionaries. That system HAS HUNGARIAN SUPPORT, the Shadows' xt9 not... :D

But maybe some other new smartphone type has come or will come out with Hungarian support and we, Hungarian users could 'port' it into our PDAs.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Paul,

have you come across the Hungarian LDB file in the meantime?

Thanks,

Ákos

Guest bbseim
Paul,

Man is there any way you could figure out a reg fix for xT9 setting to NOT default back to xT9..? I send alot of texts (3691 last month, 35-4000 average a month) and man this is the only problem I have with the phone. I understand how xT9 (t9) works, however, I am just not a fan of it. I have contacted customer support at tmobile (which is nothing less than a joke..ive been with tmobile since 2000 and in my opinion they treat loyal customers terrible) and at HTC however to no avail. What I dont understand is why they will not allow this change. I dont want to uninstall it (er..well...i'd love to but not my point), get rid of it, turn it off.. whatever else "they" want to call it... I simply want to set the the thing to "regular" typing and it STAY that way. I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution to this. And of course, we get no software with the phone so while I have been through the registry (I use PHM reg edtr..and almost feel as though i know every value/key off the top of my head), going crazy in it is not a viable option for lack of wanting to pay to have Windows re-installed.

Any how, I appreciate your time. The forums are great, I volunteer my time at several "heavy" traffic support forums and I know its a job... keep up the good work bro.

(is it just me, or do we not have rights anymore? Because (in the US) it sure looks suspiciously like we only have privileges..)

I am wondering the same thing, anyone have any insight on this? Suggestions appreciated..

Bob

Guest Diam@nt
I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:D

Hi Paul - I kindly request you, is it possible to add a slovak language pack?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xenakis777
Hi Paul - I kindly request you, is it possible to add a slovak language pack?

Comme faire si je veux utiliser seulement le dictionnaire Francais, allemand et anglais ?

Ou change t on dictionnaire dans HTC Touch Cruise ?

slts,

Jean

Guest RandomPhoner
I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

Hi Paul,

I managed to dump the ROM contents of my IPAQ 614c using some of the howto's found at http://forum.xda-developers.com and a few extra tweaks.

Beeing a total noob I searched the IPAQ 614c ROM contents(1) for all files named something with 't9'.

I then compared the list to the contents of the MoDaCo_Shadow_XT9_Language_Pack_1.1.CAB(2).

One thing in particular cought my eye:

In (1) files follow this naming convention et9.sqr..kdb

In (2) files follow this naming convention eT9.Dis.9Keys..Kbd.dll

There are no files following the naming convention of (2) in (1).

Is this a new kind of keyboard mapping architecture?

Does anyone know if these files can work with the MoDaCo_Shadow_XT9_Language_Pack?

Btw. the IPAQ 614c ROM contents totals a sizeable 79.9 MB.

Guest PapaDocta

any chance of adding Arabic support? i don't even need the XT9.... just the default keyboard with arabic support. i would do the translation just lead me to the correct side...

Guest biovirus

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

Paul, is it possible for you to give us an advice how to make your wonderful pack work on other WM6 phones, (mine is BJ2)?

Thanks a zillion,

Alex.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gustavw

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

Enjoy!

P

Dear Paul

I have installed the language package on my HTC S710 with windows mobile 6 because I need spanish. When I get into the language list it will show all rthe leguages but I can´t change it from English. I am doing something wrong? I would appreciate some advise

regards Gustavw

Guest Ada1986

I have the same problem like others with Ipaq 614c, unfortunately it doesn´t work, but I still hope it will have some solution. Thanks to author of this program.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest one_solo

Hello,

I installed Touch Keyboard 1.0 (build 28568) on my prophet with the latest WM6.1 build (from cloudyfa) and after that I installed this pack, but still only the 5 default languages (english, french, italian, german and spanish) apear. Any thoughts ??

Guest gummylick

is there a way to reorder the language choices?

i use the portuguese language often and its not on the numbered list of easy to reach languages.. any way to modify this?

thanks for all your work, this is a must have for my cell!

Guest Erika_NSR

So I downloaded the file for the languages... does anyone know how I pass it to my phone or where I have to send it to and to get it to work... this is my very first time changing something in my shadow... thanks

Guest ronin178

Load Active sync to your computer, connect your shadow to it via the usb cable, let it sync, then hit file explorer and choose where you want to load the file to and drag it from your desktop to your phone-I have mine on my storage card. Once the file is on your phone, locate it on your phone's file explorer in the start menu and open it-it is a .cab file which you open on your phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alkemist

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

Enjoy!

P

I've tried using the Russian setup while typing SMS. Types fine, sends fine, the delivery notification report comes in just fine. But the SMS never make it to the receipient. Any reason why this happens?

Guest dkerpmo

The language package is great.

A tip for those who don't speak all 14 languages and only want the ones you use to show up in the language selection menu. Use Mobile Registry Editor to edit string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\AvailableLanguages

Each number in the list corresponds to one of the languages, in the same sequence they appear in the menu. Just leave the ones you want to see.

For the French AZERTY keyboard mapping problem, I saw that this was resolved on other models by doing some registry edits. They don't seem to be structured the same way on the Shadow. Has anybody figured out what to change so that the keyboard stays QWERTY even when French is the chosen language?

Edited by dkerpmo

Guest John_Silva

Hello

I have succeded the instalation but I can't use the portuguese language it don't left the selection of this language.

Need help.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomboderider
to change languages on shadow:

hold and press *

language > (choose)

just to answer a question asked earlier in the post.

I changed the language, but it don't make the change. It fixed in English.