MoDaCo Shadow XT9 Language Pack (14 in 1!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dirkvan
I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:D

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :(

Enjoy!

P

-------------------

Hi,

I installed this CAB on my HTC Touch Dual (with WM6 English version) because I need to write in English and in Dutch. But when I go to XT9 options I still only see the "traditional" languages.

How can I see the effect of your tweak program, i.e. actually use it? I was hoping to see "Dutch" as one of the choice languages

Guest cellulario

any news about greek? if greek is present in other language packages like vox, can't you make it for general use too? well, hoping to see greek soon. bye bye

Guest ronangel
I'm proud to present my Shadow XT9 language pack, which includes 14 languages, namely...

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:D

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

Nice one Paul [clap] anyway can you help me change the default settings of xt9 to abc (htc juno).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest popi2003

Hi

I have touch dual english version

20 keys keyboard qwerty

I've installed it

I'm able to change the XT9 to Polish and it works but...

it chenge the keybord layout to the 14 one

any idea how to work with this ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Beveridge
The language package is great.

A tip for those who don't speak all 14 languages and only want the ones you use to show up in the language selection menu. Use Mobile Registry Editor to edit string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\AvailableLanguages

Each number in the list corresponds to one of the languages, in the same sequence they appear in the menu. Just leave the ones you want to see.

For the French AZERTY keyboard mapping problem, I saw that this was resolved on other models by doing some registry edits. They don't seem to be structured the same way on the Shadow. Has anybody figured out what to change so that the keyboard stays QWERTY even when French is the chosen language?

Can anyone help me... I want a French QWERTY (using XT9) on mt HTC Touch Dual (20 keys)? How can this be done??? Thanks.

Edited by Beveridge

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yOitsSpyda

is there anyway possible on the shadow that when you type a word in english that it automactically changes to the word in french or whatever language you have chosen?

• 2 weeks later...
Paul, is it possible for you to give us an advice how to make your wonderful pack work on other WM6 phones, (mine is BJ2)?

Thanks a zillion,

Alex.

how u doing paul im knew to this but i had intall ur package but i cant fing how to select a spanish language cause the phone is for my mom so she doesnt speak english so she does understand her own phone she has a t-mobile shadow

Hi everybody , i installed the shadow pack on my p750. My keyboard is a numpad with 12 buttons but the Shadow thinks that I have a qwerty...it works only if use it with the stylus pen on the screen. Is it possible to use correctly also the keyboard of the phone? Thanks a lot!

Guest williamkasius

Waarom werkt mijn inlog niet om te downloaden ;)

Mij hP Ipaq 614C heeft engels versie ik zou graag Nl xt9 willen hebben smse is nu een drama.

Alvast bedankt \

Gr William

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this, I have the shadow and I have been reading your information. I have sync the phone with the computer and tried to copy the cab, but it is not going anywhere. HOw do you excatly copy the file?

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

;)

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :wacko:

Enjoy!

P

Is it possible to add the words from attached list to Finnish spelling dictionary to your package?

What about scandinavian keyboards? ä,ö, Ä, Ö

jhall

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:lol:

I have tested it as far as possible, but feedback is appreciated. Please note that if you select an AZERTY language (e.g. French), your suretype keyboard will behave like an AZERTY keyboard. It caught me out at first :D

Enjoy!

P

CgrUserSu.rar

• 1 month later...
Guest Maniatiko

how do i install those languages into my cellphone? I have a tmobile shadow

that language pack works only in writting? i mean, it doesnt change the setting of the wm6.0 into spanish? just the typing?

How do I install them? cuz i entered this page via wifi and i couldnt download the file, it said that the file wasnt recognized.

• 2 months later...
Guest Hosannart

It looks greaT. i TRY IT AND IT WORK VERY WELL... I am using the french dictionnary... but a QWERTY keyboard... I am a french Canadian!

Can I do something to arrange this??

Thanks again; its a great Job.

M

Hi Paul,

we appreciate the excellent work. I am interested in the Greek language files as well.

Since you already have that for HTC Vox, can we install that instead on the Shadow? Or can the Greek file be included in the Shadow version?

Thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SODA8297

Hello all

Im just posting to Thank Paul and all the MoDaCo Community that put input in this thread ...

Installed it in my Shadow, modified the registry, everything is how I want it to be :)

Edited by SODA8297

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Arkitex2

My ROM is the latest French one but , as with all the ROMs out there, as soon as you select French you get the AZERTY keyboard layout.

If I select English, I get the layout close to what I want but I then loose the French XT9.

I live in Quebec: 6 Million people that use QWERTY with French - a QWERTY called Canadian Multilingual (see the layout at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboar...ngual_Standard).

This is the keyboard I want with the French XT9.

Can anyone help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dick Bosch

Hi Paul,

Did install it on my HP IPAQ 614c but wasn't able to change the language. Desided to soft reset and found out that all your languages disappeared from the list (?) any suggestions?

pered

- Czech

- Danish

- German

- English

- Spanish

- Finnish

- French

- Italian

- Dutch

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Portugese

- Russian

- Swedish

:)

Enjoy!

P