Orange HTC Touch DUAL

Guest starstrike

Guest starstrike

Hi guys, I have playing with my new HTC Touch Dual today after upgrading from the TYTN. It looks pretty great to me as I dont need WiFi and it is half the thickness and weight. Although it will take time to get used to not having a keyboard and to rid myself of the Orange Customisation. Anyway before on Orange I never had HSDPA. With this phone I had to register a new sim and when I connected to the net after it was registered it went straight to HSDPA and I did a download test and it was mega mega fast in West London.

I dont know if any of you guys have these sims from Orange.. Did they come with the TYTN II?

Edited by starstrike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bagibear
Hi guys, I have playing with my new HTC Touch Dual today after upgrading from the TYTN. It looks pretty great to me as I dont need WiFi and it is half the thickness and weight. Although it will take time to get used to not having a keyboard and to rid myself of the Orange Customisation. Anyway before on Orange I never had HSDPA. With this phone I had to register a new sim and when I connected to the net after it was registered it went straight to HSDPA and I did a download test and it was mega mega fast in West London.

I dont know if any of you guys have these sims from Orange.. Did they come with the TYTN II?

I saw the HTC Touch Dual unlocked original version in Central London Yesterday. This was the 20-Key EU model Version. No need to be tied up to a provider and have their messy software on the unit. The unit looks good and is fast. The shop was still waiting for the 16-key UK version.

If you want to buy one then the place I saw this was at Inkino Ltd at 48 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 2EF (www.inkino.co.uk) What is good is that they have a running model so that Joe public can try before buying. You don't get that on the web!

I will get one in the next day or so, if they have not sold out.

Guest feederfan

Orange HTC Touch Duals all come with HSDPA Sims, and you can rid the Orange customisation very easily, just disable the Orange home screen plug in and change the theme to HTC, then its as if it was a generic handset.

• 2 weeks later...
Orange HTC Touch Duals all come with HSDPA Sims, and you can rid the Orange customisation very easily, just disable the Orange home screen plug in and change the theme to HTC, then its as if it was a generic handset.

not really...it seem to have orange dial screens and stuff

i'm waiting to see if i can install a proper HTC rom in it instead...

Can anyone confirm that these new sims will work in non HSPDA phones?

Wife's Orange contract due for upgrade and I feel the urge for a new toy :D :D

She is quite happy with her Nokia 6131 :(

Thanks,

Davy.

Guest mattie01
Can anyone confirm that these new sims will work in non HSPDA phones?

Wife's Orange contract due for upgrade and I feel the urge for a new toy :D :D

She is quite happy with her Nokia 6131 :(

Thanks,

Davy.

yeap mate they work fine, i upgraded my misses contract, unlocked the phone so i can use my t-mob sim in the touch dual.

registered the new sim that came with it and gave it to her to use in her lg choclate and it works fine.

Guest jimbouk

I think O are the only network who use different sims for 2g and 3g. I think everyone else uses usims (3g) as standard now?

(The HSDPA is not sim dependent - if you have 3g and the network offers H then you get it).

Guest creamhackered
I saw the HTC Touch Dual unlocked original version in Central London Yesterday. This was the 20-Key EU model Version. No need to be tied up to a provider and have their messy software on the unit. The unit looks good and is fast. The shop was still waiting for the 16-key UK version.

If you want to buy one then the place I saw this was at Inkino Ltd at 48 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 2EF (www.inkino.co.uk) What is good is that they have a running model so that Joe public can try before buying. You don't get that on the web!

I will get one in the next day or so, if they have not sold out.

Aye but

http://www.inkino.co.uk/zen/index.php?main...roducts_id=2114 £370

or on the net http://www.devicewire.co.uk/HTC-Touch-Dual £330.... I know what I prefer!

yeap mate they work fine, i upgraded my misses contract, unlocked the phone so i can use my t-mob sim in the touch dual.

registered the new sim that came with it and gave it to her to use in her lg choclate and it works fine.

Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...