any changed the startup/shutdown screens?

Guest badbob001

Guest badbob001

I know if you blank out:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Startup

Image=\windows\TMO_Shadow.gif

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Shutdown\

you'll lose the those screens, but how do you replace them? I created 240x320 graphics in both jpg and gif format, placed them in the \windows folder, updated the registry with the new file names, both neither worked. Is there an exact science to this?

I know if you blank out:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Startup

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Shutdown\

you'll lose the those screens, but how do you replace them? I created 240x320 graphics in both jpg and gif format, placed them in the \windows folder, updated the registry with the new file names, both neither worked. Is there an exact science to this?

all you would have to do is re-add the strings back to the registry.

the images are permantely in your \windows drive.

so you would go back to HKLM\software\htc\startup and just creat a new string with this info:

Value Name=image

value Data=\windows\TMO-Shadow.gif

and then just select OK and it will be back up when you reboot your phone.

EDIT:

if your changing the images, you will need to place the image in your \windows directory on they phone.

then when your placing in the value data, you just \TMO_Shadow.gif with the name of your gif file.

Edited by Midian

Guest badbob001
if your changing the images, you will need to place the image in your \windows directory on they phone.

then when your placing in the value data, you just \TMO_Shadow.gif with the name of your gif file.

Does it HAVE to be a gif? I first tried a .jpg and it didn't work. Then I converted my graphic to a .gif and it still doesn't show up. Does it HAVE to be an ANIMATED gif? Would PNG work?

I created two 240x320 graphics, named them power_on.jpg and power_off.jpg, placed them in the \windows folder, updated the registry, and rebooted. What am I doing wrong?