Upgrade to WM6

Guest MisfitKiwi

Guest MisfitKiwi

I was originally planning to get a HTC S730 but I've put it off on account of getting an excalibur would be cheaper and I want to see what google does with their android platform.

I have been looking around and found one very cheap with WM5, I know the excalibur has official WM6 updates so I had a look on HTC's site, registered for the 'e-club' and selected the S620, when I went into updates it asks me to select my device from 'the list', said list is empty, is it just me being stupid?

How do I go about getting the rom to upgrade since I would rather use the official rom ;)

Thanks.

Attached is a screenshot.

post-297576-1195948298_thumb.jpg

Edited by MisfitKiwi

Guest Mark Ludgate
I was originally planning to get a HTC S730 but I've put it off on account of getting an excalibur would be cheaper and I want to see what google does with their android platform.

I have been looking around and found one very cheap with WM5, I know the excalibur has official WM6 updates so I had a look on HTC's site, registered for the 'e-club' and selected the S620, when I went into updates it asks me to select my device from 'the list', said list is empty, is it just me being stupid?

How do I go about getting the rom to upgrade since I would rather use the official rom ;)

Thanks.

Attached is a screenshot.

Hi,

I am not sure what your issue is with the HTC website but I managed to download the S620 WM6 update yesterday.

If you want I could email it to you.

Regards

Mark

Edited by Mark Ludgate

Guest MisfitKiwi

Thanks for the offer but it's all good, it was me being stupid (not uncommon)

Received the phone today and I'm loving it, I had to register my device with HTC before I could see the updates and such, when that was done It let me download the WM6 upgrade.

Guest Zeus1022
Hi,

I am not sure what your issue is with the HTC website but I managed to download the S620 WM6 update yesterday.

If you want I could email it to you.

Regards

Mark

The only thing i hate about HTC site, is that i have to have a HTC dash. A t-mobile unlocked will not get me the upgrade :(

I am getting tired off looking all over the net for the HTC rom upgrade to WM6. I heard it a whole lot faster then T-Mobiles.

• 1 year later...