Motorola Q9H (AT&T) GPS... ACTIVATED! [updated]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ukspice69

any body know how todownload garmin xt on thisphone, i download thwe N95 one, no lucked could not detect GPS

Edited by ukspice69

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mr. jaguar
Ok, I just ordered my Q9h and it will be here in about 2 days. I have read all these posts and it seems that no definate solution has come in to play. Now just for a little back ground on me, I am a previous chef on XDA-Developers which includes the building of the NTS series of roms. After some hardware issues I have decided that it is time to move to the Q9H Global. Im really excited about getting this device. I have just on thing to ask, does the SmartPhone version of WM6 have a CommManager like the PPC version? If so, has anyone tried to figure out if there is a hidden button to disable or enable the aGPS chip at will? Just an idea.

Hi Nottoosmart, I haven't heard anyone talking about roms here, I'm came here from xda too, not a dev/chef, just an end user. nice to see a friendly face.

Guest Evelyn

:D HI All,

thanks for everyone's input - first time for me here.... anyway, here's what happened to me... i have a moto q9h

installed co pilot 7 - cant get it to find the gps

installed the first gps activator com 4 - co pilot7 found the gps and work perfectly - guided me to work as a test...

when i got to work, i realized that i have no internet connection at all and no matter what i do, even with technical help from AT&T - cant get internet connection or email.

so then i found the gps actibator com 5 - installed that - got my internet connection back and copilot7 also detect the gps - i was a happy camper

but when i try to run copilot 7, the gps cant seem to lock on my position

any ideas?

help anyone?

i'm so close, but not quite there yet!!

:( update: I started from scratch, installed the gps activator com 4 and got copilot working on my q9h but lost internet connection. then installed the gps activator com 5 and now i have the copilot and internet working, i'm a happy camper - BUT now i cant do an active sync - my pc cant seem to connect to my q9h via usb...... any ideas?

thanks....

Edited by Evelyn

Guest Clink the Relic
:D update: I started from scratch, installed the gps activator com 4 and got copilot working on my q9h but lost internet connection. then installed the gps activator com 5 and now i have the copilot and internet working, i'm a happy camper - BUT now i cant do an active sync - my pc cant seem to connect to my q9h via usb...... any ideas?

thanks....

Go into Connections/USB Device type: make sure "ActiveSync Serial" is selected.

Guest Argy

Hello everyone,

Got the BlackJack II, installed Google Maps and tells me it neads internet connection to work. I make a little bit of research and found the MODACO GPS Activation resolving issue; so downloaded the hack and when istalled, it said that it may not be seen right, because it was made for an earlier win mobile version? is it really working, how do I know?

And I see everyone talking about the COM ports but I dont even see a GPS set up item on the settings menu, so do I really have a GPS receiver on my phone? And last but not least, should I soft reset to make this work?

Please give me working options!!! I really want this gmaps thing to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Duke22

[Moto Q9h; WM6; ATT]

I’ve seen in another forum that those of you using an aluminum case may want to remove the device while it searches for sats, since the case may diminish reception -- although my Q gps now finds signals without doing that.

It took hours and I tried several iterations before getting My Location/Center on GPS to work. Wound up keeping Paul's GPSID Settings CAB download (thanks!) but uninstalled a couple of other GPS activation programs that didn't help.

GPS finally connected with both Google Maps and WM Live Search. To get such an important app as GPS to work, if I had to start hacking the registry I would have just returned the Q. But now that it's working, it is great!

UPDATE: GPS has worked only intermittently. Seems to be OK now since I tried suggestions here and in another forum to change the Com Port to 5, using Paul’s CAB file which I now have set to prog port 5.

UPDATE 2: I give up!! Changing the com port made the GPS work flawlessly but knocked out my cel phone and data connections -- exactly the kind of problem I feared when you start screwing w/ the registry. I re-set to com 3 and the phone/browser is working again. I will just use Google maps and, God forbid, make an intelligent guess about where on the globe I am. If that's not good enough I will buy a separate GPS device -- one NOT made by Moto or handcuffed to ATT!!!

Edited by Duke22

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VinceG

Sorry to sound stupid, but does this all mean we can use the GPS function on the phone and not get charged by Att for using it as long as we have other GPS software?

Guest mast114
Sorry to sound stupid, but does this all mean we can use the GPS function on the phone and not get charged by Att for using it as long as we have other GPS software?

yes, I did it today with live search & google maps with no tweaks.

Im also in process of debranding this sucker.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rainami

Hi, I was wondering if NOT haveing a data package effects the GPS? In other words, with NOT haveing a data package on my phone can I still use googlemaps or liveserch?

Guest rainami
GPS itself works without data....

but both the programs you listed require data to download maps and info.

Thanks for the info. Are there any programs that work ATM with out a data package?

Guest Monolithix

You'd need to buy a standalone product such as TomTom or Copilot which comes with maps you can store on your storage card.

Guest bluesneaky

Ok so has anyone had any luck cracking the Verizon GPS lockout on the 9c that they are now shipping? It seems to have the GPS in it but somehow they have locked it out so I will be encouraged to use VZ Navigator at 10 bucks a month - not!

Not much sense in having a upgraded 9c if I cant use the GPS. 30 days and back it goes to verizon. Maybe the returns will casue them to think twice about disabling hardware that belongs to me (well it will belong to them in 29 days - grin)

Guest bluesneaky

Ok so has anyone had any luck cracking the Verizon GPS lockout on the 9c that they are now shipping? It seems to have the GPS in it but somehow they have locked it out so I will be encouraged to use VZ Navigator at 10 bucks a month - not!

Not much sense in having a upgraded 9c if I cant use the GPS. 30 days and back it goes to verizon. Maybe the returns will casue them to think twice about disabling hardware that belongs to me (well it will belong to them in 29 days - grin)

Guest peeeeter

Anyone...

I am trying to get the GPS to work on the Verizon network. What I need is someone to post the following files from a Q9c or Q9h on Sprint or ATT.

Staright from MOTODEV...

"Where should I look for support on questions related to Global Positioning System or Location Based Service on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon)?

INTRODUCTION:

Location Based Services (LBS) are information services accessible with mobile devices through the mobile network and utilizing the ability to make use of the location of the mobile device. Global Positioning System (GPS) is a part of Location Based Services. GPS is a "constellation" of 24 well-spaced satellites that orbit the Earth and make it possible for people with ground receivers to pinpoint their geographic location. GPS support on the Q 9c (Verizon) is called VZ Navigator. This article tells the point of contact at Verizon for issues regarding LBS or GPS on MOTO Q 9c(Verizon).

RESOLUTION:

The LBS functionality on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon) is not accessible through Microsoft LBS APIs. It is only accessible through the software VZ Navigator from Verizon. VZ Navigator is a GPS navigation software by Verizon wireless.

CONCLUSION:

GPS or LBS issues on MOTO Q 9c (Verizon) -- Questions should be directed to Verizon at the above email address."

My thought is that they have replaced the drivers that the GPSID API is supposed to talk to. This is most likely also disabling the COM port access to the radio from 3rd party apps. If I could get the following files from another providers phone then we can compare to see what they have done.

Files I need:

gpsid.dll

gpsapi.dll

gpsclientdrvr.dll

motgpsapi.dll

LBSDriver.dll

LBSDriver.dll.* (there ase some LBSDriver.dll.####.mui files)

I prefer these files from a phone that the GPS has been fixed to work with GMaps and WLS.

If you can also export HKLM and HKCU registry keys, that would be perfect.

Thanks.

Guest mukulmatta
GPS itself works without data....

but both the programs you listed require data to download maps and info.

r u saying that with modaco GPS hack , we can make fido Q9h GPS work ???? i tried it with Gmap , but as u saying that it uses data ??? , but without using the GPS , i can see the Gmap , can see my house location , streets ....the why we need data when using with GPS , doesnt Gmap itself is a standalone map ...........? sorry if i am asking stupid Q .

Thanks

Guest B-Dub

FYI the com 3 hack work perfectly on my MOTO Q global. No power drain when not in use and the intermediate driver works as well. I use Garmin XT, Route 66, Google maps, and Vitto space explorer.

Guest zaphodbeeblebrox
I installed the COM3 cab and nothing seems to be working. I tested with GPS test and after a while it stops at GPS off, and both Live and Google Maps fail to initialize...Any ideas/suggestions.

Hmm, this is my third Moto Q, never been able to get GPS to work with Google or WLS. I tried installing the COM 3 cab and it still doesn't work, and now my internet doesn't work. Do I have to hack the registry, too, with some tool? Sorry, I've read all these threads but I just can't get anything to work. Can someone please give me a step by step on what I'm supposed to do?

I tried power cycling and that didn't work, neither intermediate or COM 3 gets anything in WLS. Tried changing back my settings to [email protected] with no pass and now can't get internet. ARGH.

I have Moto q 9h with AT&T.

Guest tutu1201

I have downloaded the com3 activation and I see NO file with a .CAB extension. Am I missing something? How do I get my phone to recognize the file? Help!

Guest malocite

I have the Q9H from Rogers in Canada and read nearly every page of this post, very well written and helpful. I was able to install the cab and use GPS test. I then ran google maps, and it worked, however, after shutting down all programs and trying again google maps could not find the sats (have the settings to manual com3 38400) but gps test still works.

Any ideas?

Also, does this cab ONLY turn on the GPS when it is requested? IE running gpstest, or google maps, or co-pilot (that I want to buy tomorow)

--malocite

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.