Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dr Who

Email Sending Problems

5 posts in this topic

Weird problem has appeared on one of my phones. I have two email accounts set up; one an imap account with 1and1 and another a pop gmail account. Both send via SMTP and the 1and1 account does not use any fancy ports or settings. I can send messages from either account if they just include test in the subject line and body but if I try and send anything more substantial I get a timeout error on the gmail account and an unable to connect error for imap. I think it must be related to the server timing out but I can't find any settings for server timeout in the email settings. Can I change this in the registry somewhere? Or does anyone have any idea how to get round this? I just tried setting the DNS servers to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 to no avail but I am really starting to do my fruit now.

Anyone know where to find the reg settings to increase the server timeout?

Is the problem the same regardless of your internet connection?

IE have you tried over wireless?

Is the problem the same regardless of your internet connection?

IE have you tried over wireless?

Hmmm, no I haven't although I will give it a try. I find it exceptionally odd that I can send very small emails, but nothing larger. I am also going to try using the same settings on my other handset and see whether it is hard reset time on the first one. If it didn't send at all I wouldn't be as annoyed!

Hmmm, no I haven't although I will give it a try. I find it exceptionally odd that I can send very small emails, but nothing larger. I am also going to try using the same settings on my other handset and see whether it is hard reset time on the first one. If it didn't send at all I wouldn't be as annoyed!

Must have been a software crash. Worked fine on my WM6 equipped handset and after a hard reset works find on the WM5 handset. Weird bug.