HTC Album works on the Shadow

Guest badbob001

Guest badbob001

From this thread: http://www.cellphonesignal.com/new-look-shadow-t2174p11.html

you can download the HTC Album app and though it was designed for PocketPC, it works fine on the Shadow. There are two versions of the application: the original and one modified to allow you to select a starting folder. There is even a youtube video of it being demoed on a shadow.

You may want to check this thread for more info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...586#post1647586

The most interesting thing is that it actually supports the wheel as an individual control and not just an alias to the dpad. When you spin the wheel, it will zoom in on the photo and then you can use the dpad to pan around the photo. Clicking the center button will take zoom all the way out. I have NEVER seen another instance where you can't reproduce a wheel movement with a dpad direction. Still takes a quarter turn to register so that may be a limitation of the hardware.

From the neo interface, if you want the HTC Album to open instead of the default photo viewer when you press All Photos, this worked for me:

Go to: hklm\software\microsoft\shell\rai\:mspimg

and change 1 from pimg.exe to "\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe"

and reboot.

Not sure if there is another/better way to do this.

You may find some interesting stuff here:

hklm\software\htc\htcalbum

If I change ok_minimize from 1 to 0, the application closes instead of minimizing to the background when you leave it, which is great for you memory / performance misers.

But in the end, I may not use this app or at least not see it as being good enough to put on my wife's shadow. One problem is that it shows all photos in a flat view and hides the original folder structure, which can be tiring if you have a lot of photos. Next is that unlike the default photo viewer, there is no option to resize a photo before sending it, which is a MAJOR problem for those of us still on gprs/edge. Not even the latest version of resco photo does this as well. Wow, microsoft finally did something better than the third parties.

Guest trickinit
From this thread: http://www.cellphonesignal.com/new-look-shadow-t2174p11.html

you can download the HTC Album app and though it was designed for PocketPC, it works fine on the Shadow. There are two versions of the application: the original and one modified to allow you to select a starting folder. There is even a youtube video of it being demoed on a shadow.

You may want to check this thread for more info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...586#post1647586

The most interesting thing is that it actually supports the wheel as an individual control and not just an alias to the dpad. When you spin the wheel, it will zoom in on the photo and then you can use the dpad to pan around the photo. Clicking the center button will take zoom all the way out. I have NEVER seen another instance where you can't reproduce a wheel movement with a dpad direction. Still takes a quarter turn to register so that may be a limitation of the hardware.

From the neo interface, if you want the HTC Album to open instead of the default photo viewer when you press All Photos, this worked for me:

Go to: hklm\software\microsoft\shell\rai\:mspimg

and change 1 from pimg.exe to "\Windows\HTCAlbum.exe"

and reboot.

Not sure if there is another/better way to do this.

You may find some interesting stuff here:

hklm\software\htc\htcalbum

If I change ok_minimize from 1 to 0, the application closes instead of minimizing to the background when you leave it, which is great for you memory / performance misers.

But in the end, I may not use this app or at least not see it as being good enough to put on my wife's shadow. One problem is that it shows all photos in a flat view and hides the original folder structure, which can be tiring if you have a lot of photos. Next is that unlike the default photo viewer, there is no option to resize a photo before sending it, which is a MAJOR problem for those of us still on gprs/edge. Not even the latest version of resco photo does this as well. Wow, microsoft finally did something better than the third parties.

Great find! :(

• 2 months later...
Guest the_matrixx
Wow, cool!

P

I've looked through every forum I can find on this. Is there a way to make it default to a certain directory instead of asking every time you open it?

Guest trickinit
I've looked through every forum I can find on this. Is there a way to make it default to a certain directory instead of asking every time you open it?

That would be nice. It seriously drives me crazy.