HTC release 'Bluetooth Hot Fix' via e-club for Touch, TyTN II and S710 owners

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

HTC have just released a 'Bluetooth Hot Fix' via their e-club, for HTC Touch, HTC TyTN II and HTC S710 owners.

The fix is detailed as follows:

Dropped calls sometimes occur when Bluetooth is on. If you encountered the same problem, please download this Bluetooth Hot Fix and install it on your device.

:(

It's a CAB file, so just drop to your device and execute.

I wasn't aware of this problem personally - have any of you experienced a problem with Bluetooth and Dropped calls?

P

HTC have just released a 'Bluetooth Hot Fix' via their e-club, for HTC Touch, HTC TyTN II and HTC S710 owners.

I wasn't aware of this problem personally - have any of you experienced a problem with Bluetooth and Dropped calls?

P

Droppped calls yes .. Did I know it was Bluetooth related?? Nope..

Guest Pandemonium

P

I have had Bluetooth suddenly dropping out a few times, but call remained connected. Not sure if it's the same issue. Also sometimes the unit just will not recognise my Bluetooth headset and I have to perform a reset.

Guest Subliminal Aura

My only issue is that after receiving a call my ds980 unpairs...

A quick tap on the ds980 and I get repaired.

Anyone know if this fix will solve this problem ? I'm hesitant in applying the patch as the bluetooth stack generally behaves itself

Guest Subliminal Aura

Thanks for the tip.

Goes to search for Sprite Backup :(

find . -iname "*sprite*"

SetupSpriteBackup6.zip

Sprite.Terminator.Build201.1.0.143.PPC

Terminator looks really cool too.

Guest borg.cube

P

Hey Paul,

I just logged into e-club and my Tytn II is registered. But there is no mention/listing for a bluetooth hotfix when I check for available software.

Guest xorangefirex

I haven't experienced any dropped calls on my kaiser. However. I have had some trouble with my Motorola S9 AD2P headset. The connection doesn't seem to be very strong. I can't even put my phone in my pocket and walk to class without having the music crackling. I thought that with this close proximity, short of me putting a lead wall in between me and the phone, I would be able to listen to my music without issue. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.