SD card is wiped? how? can i recover files?

Guest bananas78

Guest bananas78

Orange m700

sandisk 2gb card

I turned on my phone the other day and on bootup it could not find a few programs It would appear the ones that are on the storage card.

Browse the storage card on the phone shows the folder to be empty apart from a few files, so basically I have lost everything on my card

I now have a folder on their called storage card2???? that has appeared again those few files are their but not my programs, video, pictures

I plugged in usb and browsed via ACtivesync and nothing either

Has my card wiped some how? anyway to recover, I could try in card reader but I think the files are gone?????

any ideas

Guest OzzMosiz
I had that happen once before, also in a M700 IIRC. I didn't manage to recover my stuff :(

P

Me too. My "My Documents" which had my pictures went berserk. Could create a directory in there. Move out of that directory, go back in and it was gone!!

Never did find out what caused it, but I lost all my pictures!!

Guest Neil5459

Do you store email attachments or the PIE cache on the card- this is an uncommon, but not unknown problem that occurs if the card doesn't initialise before the system attempts to write to it, so creating the ghost Storage Card2.

Sometimes a soft reset fixes it; sometimes using Pocket Mechanic can fix it; sometimes it is unfixable :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bananas78
Do you store email attachments or the PIE cache on the card- this is an uncommon, but not unknown problem that occurs if the card doesn't initialise before the system attempts to write to it, so creating the ghost Storage Card2.

Sometimes a soft reset fixes it; sometimes using Pocket Mechanic can fix it; sometimes it is unfixable :(

thanks for your advise, i checked under memory and it still showed that 900mb was still in use, I tried a fix, to rename storage card to storage card. and rebooted and deleted the folder then rename storage card 2 to storage, after another reboot, it all came back.

I would recommend not ejecting the card whilst in the phone, as phone tries then create a new folder and this where is goes all pear shaped

Guest Chippa

Plenty of data recovery programs out there that will recover most if not all your lost stuff. Try not to use the card until you use the recovery programs as that will write over the things you want to recover making it difficult or impossible! My fave one is Ontrack's Data Recovery Pro but there are many more out there that do a similar job.

Orange m700

sandisk 2gb card

I turned on my phone the other day and on bootup it could not find a few programs It would appear the ones that are on the storage card.

Browse the storage card on the phone shows the folder to be empty apart from a few files, so basically I have lost everything on my card

I now have a folder on their called storage card2???? that has appeared again those few files are their but not my programs, video, pictures

I plugged in usb and browsed via ACtivesync and nothing either

Has my card wiped some how? anyway to recover, I could try in card reader but I think the files are gone?????

any ideas

Check this, maybe it could help. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=294324

Cheers

• 2 years later...
Guest Deepdp

Don’t Panic! Try using the most powerful photo recovery software, called Remo Recover (Windows) which can be used to recover Images from SD card. This software is an assortment of data recovery components designed to recover deleted / lost files and folders, photos, RAW images, music & video files from crashed, re-partitioned, accidentally formatted partitions & drives.

• 9 months later...
Guest sweetemo22jd

Important files on your SD card may be lost due to accidental deletion, data corruption, or certain viruses. Nonetheless, you do not have to panic because you can still rescue data that is important to you. First, try to download a software that can recover files from an SD card. You may try Undelete Plus from Snapfiles. Extract it and run it. Then, choose the drive letter for your SD card and click on Start Scan. Choose the files that you want to recover and click on Start Undelete. Close Undelete Plus and open My Computer. Open up your SD card drive letter folder and see if the deleted files have indeed been restored.

Edited by sweetemo22jd

• 7 months later...
Guest Jessikaa

Your san disk 2gb card of phone is corrupted so that it happen, you can get your data back using a data recovery software, you can use Recovery Fix for windows memory card recovery software for the same purpose. It restore every file and folder to your memory card.

• 4 months later...