How to get the screen to "sleep" during call

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

OK, slightly odd perhaps, and I don't have particularly big ears or anything, but during a call I often seem to select stuff with my ear.

The Kaiser has a "problem" with the screen going off quickly, so I've reversed the setting (below) they recommend to fix that but it's made no difference.

Stop screen going off during call

To have it never go of during a call \HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastDormantDisplayDuringCall From 1 to 0

Does anyone have a simple way of getting the screen to switch off during a call?

Guest petec500

Dont have an answer for this, but i have the same problem, so just registering my interest in any responses that come along.

Thing is, i dont always want to turn the screen off as sometimes i need to use the keypad during calls or switch the speaker on/off.

Edited by petec500

Guest chucky.egg

Agreed.

The Kaiser dims after 10 seconds, and blanks after 20 seconds (or something like that) which gives you time to activate Speaker or use the "Press 1 to be insulted by..." systems

I'm hoping for something similar

Guest bonaventura

I ran into the same problem when rcving calls.

What i do is i just kill the screen by pressing the power button (killing the screen becomes a habit to me anyway since im such a power-consious freak :( ).

Might be stone age shortcut, but saves you fm tinkering with the registry or installing another memory consuming apps.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...
Guest chaznet

Just a FYI in case you haven't run into it already... I tried a progam called 'Slide-to-UnLock' or something similarly named -- S2U maybe? It's a screensaver type program that gives you a slider screen button to unlock the phone. It also has a setting that blacks out the screen once a call connects, incoming or outgoing. A tap of the power button on my Touch would turn the screen on if needed during a call. It worked great, but would be better if there was a utility that did just that, and no other 'overhead'... Anyone run into something like this yet?