Syncing with Vista - a total nightmare?

Guest drblow

Guest drblow

Erm ... I have been searching around for a while in the hopes of finding a solution to my current syncing issues with my brand new Vista PC but have not found what I'm looking for.

I have set up a sync partnership with my T MobileMDA Touch, and it says that calendar, tasks & contacts are synchronised. I installed the software from the CDROM that came with my Touch, and there seemed to be no version of outlook on it. My Vista Home Permium edition has a 'windows mail' app, and a contacts folder in 'my documents' but neither of these things has synced with my phone. I saw some posts mentioning similar "where's me contacts" type stuff, but the solution seemed to be installing outlook 2007. I don't think I got a copy of that with my phone. Or am I being a dummy - is the windows mail app actually outlook 2007? I dunno! :( I only got the thing yesterday, and I haven't quite decided if I quite like vista, or if I'm going to have to taje the hard drive out & burn it in order to re-install XP!!

I have a copy of jeyo mobile companion, and I have my contacts backed up on my XP laptop anyway, so it's not a huge issue. But I would quite like to have my contacts available on my desktop too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

:D

Guest drblow

Hmm ... anyone else on TMobile? Seems a bit outrageous to stop supplying the necessary app for syncing, since that's a major benefit of Windows Mobile.

You no longer get a copy of Outlook with T-Mo

Windows Mail is Vista's Outlook Express equivalent

You can use BirdieSync to synchronise with Thunderbird, though never tried it myself.

Thunderbird is free, and BirdieSync is only 20 Euros after a free 21 day trial

Guest drblow

Thanks for the info. Well, thanks T MO for forcing me into having to 'get' a copy of outlook 2007. And then people wonder about software piracy ... I don't know ... :(