Cingular 3125 -Micro SD problems.

Guest Goose2007

Guest Goose2007

Hi

Any one seen such problem :When trying to run application from SD card,the system informs that the file is missing, if I explore the card = folders seems to be there - empty..

after reset they seem to be back and really work for a while.

some times all the filenames on storage card are scrambled, but after restart they all came back... nothing lost.

This issue is random.

Please any ideas ?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest yayaja67

Hello, I noticed the same problem after i had installed a bunch of programs. I had four emulators running, and bunch of other 3rd party software. i got rid of two emulators, and now just have pocketnester and pocketsnes. After clearing out all of the old programs, my phone now never has a problem with the memory card. If you have alot of 3rd partys apps installed, try uninstalling some of them and you may find they were causing your phone to stop recognizing the memroy card.

Hi

Any one seen such problem :When trying to run application from SD card,the system informs that the file is missing, if I explore the card = folders seems to be there - empty..

after reset they seem to be back and really work for a while.

some times all the filenames on storage card are scrambled, but after restart they all came back... nothing lost.

This issue is random.

Please any ideas ?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Guest eyesee

it is caused by the little micro switch located under the battery cover. I had it rigged so that it remains depressed even when the cover is removed. Had not experienced the problem since.

Warning: Might void warranty.

Edited by eyesee

Guest Mysterious Stranger
it is caused by the little micro switch located under the battery cover. I had it rigged so that it remains depressed even when the cover is removed. Had not experienced the problem since.

Warning: Might void warranty.

Nope, that switch is nothing to do with the memory card issue - it is there to stop the handset powering up without the battery door fitted and nothing else.

M.S

Guest eyesee
Nope, that switch is nothing to do with the memory card issue - it is there to stop the handset powering up without the battery door fitted and nothing else.

M.S

you are right about the function of the switch. However the cover somehow is not able to keep the switch sufficiently depressed even thought it looks like it does. For whatever reason, the switch randomly gets toggled off and on causing unstable power supply to the phone leading to the problem. The phone would also reboot if it the switch toggled off longer.

you can actually see this if you play with the switch. press the switch and power on the device. release the switch and then press it again.

if you do it very quickly, phone would stay on or reboot.

if you do it very slowly ( ie released the switch for longer), the phone would stay off.

you are right about the function of the switch. However the cover somehow is not able to keep the switch sufficiently depressed even thought it looks like it does. For whatever reason, the switch randomly gets toggled off and on causing unstable power supply to the phone leading to the problem. The phone would also reboot if it the switch toggled off longer.

you can actually see this if you play with the switch. press the switch and power on the device. release the switch and then press it again.

if you do it very quickly, phone would stay on or reboot.

if you do it very slowly ( ie released the switch for longer), the phone would stay off.

Still nowt to do with the micro sd problem covered here and elsewhere on the internet, fixed by adding some paper etc over the top to provide sufficiant force to press the card into the contacts. Nothing to do with the power microswitch according to *anyone* else. The switch is either on or off, and the phone powers off immedialty if the switch opens - get a multimeter and try it and check the resistance accross the switch. It's not a variable switch and as soon as it opens the phone powers off - no 'off,on,off' possible without rebooting the phone. I've tried it before.

M.S

Guest mch8500
Still nowt to do with the micro sd problem covered here and elsewhere on the internet, fixed by adding some paper etc over the top to provide sufficiant force to press the card into the contacts. Nothing to do with the power microswitch according to *anyone* else. The switch is either on or off, and the phone powers off immedialty if the switch opens - get a multimeter and try it and check the resistance accross the switch. It's not a variable switch and as soon as it opens the phone powers off - no 'off,on,off' possible without rebooting the phone. I've tried it before.

M.S

I try now with all apps in the phone memory, and if i have back the problem, i'll try to put a paper on the switch to press it... thx...

Guest eyesee
I try now with all apps in the phone memory, and if i have back the problem, i'll try to put a paper on the switch to press it... thx...

See this too:

http://www.htcwiki.com/thread/434651/Randon+restarts

The paper works but it would wear down after sometime if you removes the cover often. It would also cause extra stress on the cover latches if it is too thick and break the latch. It happened to me. I dropped it a few times too causing the damage. Need to glue it back.

Bottom line is the problem is the result of unstable power supply. Caused by either

1) contacts to battery

2) contacts to sd card

or

3) microswitch

See this too:

http://www.htcwiki.com/thread/434651/Randon+restarts

The paper works but it would wear down after sometime if you removes the cover often. It would also cause extra stress on the cover latches if it is too thick and break the latch. It happened to me. I dropped it a few times too causing the damage. Need to glue it back.

Bottom line is the problem is the result of unstable power supply. Caused by either

1) contacts to battery

2) contacts to sd card

or

3) microswitch

If it was an 'unstable power supply' the screen would flicker - it is more sensitive to changes in voltage than anything else.

Removing / reseating the micro SD and securing it with tape or extra bits of paper cures it for most. Randon (sic) restarting due to the microswitch switch is because the battery cover is broken.

I have had it myself once my old 8500 became a bit worn - sliging it into my pocket would switch it off. The post you mentioned has 2 issues, not one, and there is no evidence that the two are linked - I have never had the micro SD issue and can find no other comments that it is caused by the 'power supply' - simply that the SD card itself is loose.

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest eyesee
If it was an 'unstable power supply' the screen would flicker - it is more sensitive to changes in voltage than anything else.

Removing / reseating the micro SD and securing it with tape or extra bits of paper cures it for most. Randon (sic) restarting due to the microswitch switch is because the battery cover is broken.

I have had it myself once my old 8500 became a bit worn - sliging it into my pocket would switch it off. The post you mentioned has 2 issues, not one, and there is no evidence that the two are linked - I have never had the micro SD issue and can find no other comments that it is caused by the 'power supply' - simply that the SD card itself is loose.

M.S

how would you see the screen flicker if it is in you pocket?? Maybe you are the lucky ones without the microswitch problem. Others are not as lucky as you. :D