gavboy

Problems with Windows live

9 posts in this topic

Had a strange problem with Windows live. I've previously had it working perfectly. I don't use messenger that much but I love having my hotmail integrated into my phone's inbox.

Recently I noticed that it had stopped syncing. I tried forcing it a few times (ie. clicking on send/receive) but it instantly came back with 'Sync failed'. My first go at fixing it (after trying a soft reset) was to switch account, assuming that I could effectively just reload all my messages without reinstalling. However, once it had wiped all my current messages, it wouldn't let me sign in again. I entered my password, clicked next and nothing happened.

Right, I thought, a reinstall is needed. So I dug out the installation exe and ran it. However, I kept getting a message saying something like 'Installation of windowslive.cab was unsuccessful' with no further details.

I didn't want to hard reset but it looked like it was my only option. So having done a full hard reset, I tried installing and got the same problem - 'Installation unsuccessful'.

This is so frustrating. It was working perfectly before and now I can't even install the damn app. I was starting to wonder if Orange had somehow updated my phone without me knowing to block Windows Live, but as so many other people don't have a problem it can't be that.

I saw the thing about the 30 day trial and wondered if it was connected, but again I thought I can't be the only one.

Help please! I want my hotmail back!

Cheers!

Had a strange problem with Windows live. I've previously had it working perfectly. I don't use messenger that much but I love having my hotmail integrated into my phone's inbox.

Recently I noticed that it had stopped syncing. I tried forcing it a few times (ie. clicking on send/receive) but it instantly came back with 'Sync failed'. My first go at fixing it (after trying a soft reset) was to switch account, assuming that I could effectively just reload all my messages without reinstalling. However, once it had wiped all my current messages, it wouldn't let me sign in again. I entered my password, clicked next and nothing happened.

Right, I thought, a reinstall is needed. So I dug out the installation exe and ran it. However, I kept getting a message saying something like 'Installation of windowslive.cab was unsuccessful' with no further details.

I didn't want to hard reset but it looked like it was my only option. So having done a full hard reset, I tried installing and got the same problem - 'Installation unsuccessful'.

This is so frustrating. It was working perfectly before and now I can't even install the damn app. I was starting to wonder if Orange had somehow updated my phone without me knowing to block Windows Live, but as so many other people don't have a problem it can't be that.

I saw the thing about the 30 day trial and wondered if it was connected, but again I thought I can't be the only one.

Help please! I want my hotmail back!

Cheers!

Yeap got the same problem, I even tried going to the live site, apparently they have some new live system were it hooked up to the web site and runs the same crap. To be honest I prefer having the client on the phone.

Wonder whats going on? I reckon they "updated" it so you now have to go to the site.

I've got the same problem on my Niki and my Trinity. Is there a fix?

I found a different version on XDA developers and it works now.

I found a different version on XDA developers and it works now.

Please let me know what version you installed as I am having similar problems.

Thanks

Please let me know what version you installed as I am having similar problems.

Thanks

I tried Windows Live 10[1].6.33.0600 and it seems to work pretty OK. The auto-synching seems to work sporadically to be honest. Sometimes I have to do a manual sync.

Google the above and you should find it pretty quickly. (I'm not sure if I'm meant to add links to this sort of stuff)