Quiet Speaker is a thing of the past.

Guest Chad B.

Guest Chad B.

http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/download-srs-wow-xt.html

This installs the WOW XT SRS driver on your BlackJack. Just make sure you reboot afterward. After a reboot you can adjust the audio settings for your speaker.

Chad

PS--you may also wanna try this...

Increase Ringer Volume:

navigate to (in the registry): HKCurrentUser\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\In itvol

change from 3 to 5 (anything over 5 seems to be the same volume)

Edited by Chad B.

This installs the WOW XT SRS driver on your BlackJack. Just make sure you reboot afterward. After a reboot you can adjust the audio settings for your speaker.

Chad

Nice...does seem to boost my speaker (already set to loud). I did notice that the speaker was a little quiet in some respects. This is working. Thanks.

Guest keithrjackson

Chad

Man, I cannot get this thing to install. What am I doing wrong? All I should have to do is download the app onto my desktop, unzip the file with WinRAR and then drag and drop the resulting folder into the 'program files' folder of my BJ2 and then it should be all good, right?

But after I download and unzip...no '.cab' file shows up.

this was a good free add on

it took a little tweaking of the sliders to get to sound to be better than the presets but it DOES seem to sound better

thanks for the link

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eman006
this was a good free add on

it took a little tweaking of the sliders to get to sound to be better than the presets but it DOES seem to sound better

thanks for the link

I installed this and my observations are as follows:

For RingTones that came with the phone and are downloaded from Windows Mobile: Definitely Louder but "tinny".

For Music through the speaker or BT Stereo Headset: Makes music sound a bit "tinny" no matter how much I tweaked the sliders. Seems like it increases the mid-range (voice range) to where the lead vocal is brought out more. Some MP3's sounded better with while others sounded worse with it. May depend on the bit rate quality of your MP3 files.

I prefer to shut off the WOW when listening to music via Headset and turn it on when done in order to get the louder ringer since the flap to close my leather holster from AT&T unfortunately covers the speakers.

Again, all are personal preference. See what works for you.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest eman006
Drag the file to the My documents folder, then go to start -- applications -- file explorer and execute the file.

Hey, LostSoul,

I put this in my Startup folder so that it executes when I power up my phone. However, when my phone powers up, the WOW SRS does execute and come up, but then I have to press the Done soft key to get it to minimize. Is there a way to edit the shortcut in the Startup folder to close after executing so that the phone defaults back to my Windows mobile home screen?

Thanks in advance.

Guest eman006
Hey, LostSoul,

I put this in my Startup folder so that it executes when I power up my phone. However, when my phone powers up, the WOW SRS does execute and come up, but then I have to press the Done soft key to get it to minimize. Is there a way to edit the shortcut in the Startup folder to close after executing so that the phone defaults back to my Windows mobile home screen?

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, it looks like the WOW SRS automatically initiates itself upon soft reset. Easy!

Guest illuzionz23

kk, i successfully installed the program... but where can i find it?

i placed it into "my documents"

im using file explorerer.... but i dunno where the WOW program is.. any1 know?

Guest thelostsoul

Placing the file in your my documents folder is not installing it.

You must copy the file to your device, then press start- programs - accessories and navigate to where you copied it. From there, run that file and it will run the installer.

Guest illuzionz23
Placing the file in your my documents folder is not installing it.

You must copy the file to your device, then press start- programs - accessories and navigate to where you copied it. From there, run that file and it will run the installer.

o kk, got it thanks...

i have the program now, but i dont notice any difference... even when i edit the Extreme Focus and TruBass..... hmmm....

Guest slappppppp

Ok I am having trouble installing this. What file do i execute. The xml file? How do I start it up... Sorry I'm really new to this

Guest jonathanbaker1
Ok I am having trouble installing this. What file do i execute. The xml file? How do I start it up... Sorry I'm really new to this

Ok.. Download the .RAR file.

Inside the .RAR file is a folder.

Inside the folder is a .CAB file.

Put the .CAB file on the phone.

now you're done with the Windows/Computer part of it

Find the .CAB file with File Explorer (program on your phone)

Click on the .CAB file (with your phone)

This will install the program.

Turn phone off and back on.

Now it's installed, available in your Start menu.

Wow.

This is truly a stroke of genius. I was thinking of changing my i600 due to the low volume of the loudspeaker, but this has made me think twice...and I'm not changing.

Guest jonathanbaker1

Yes good app!! I predict this will quickly be at or near the top of the "Favorite Smartphone Apps" list. I love that it's free, they could have easilly charged money for this.

I can concur that is occasionally sounds tinny, but I have not played with the settings yet. Probably easy to overcome with enough time trying out the settings.

Only once, I noticed a little lag while watching a movie with DivX Mobile. Specifically, the audio and video was slightly off sync. But I realized that there were 8 programs running in the Program Manager, and stopped them all. This fixed the lag, as I figured it would. If you notice a audio/video off sync, close everything and it should be fine.

The benefits far outweigh these small issues, probably 10 to 1.

• 2 months later...
Guest joelp21

I have tried to drag and drop the file into my phones document folder but it will not let me do it. It shows that It is dragged and dropped but it never saves the file in the actual folder.

Guest peej

i cant seem to install this on my bjII. it only shosw me strings of values when i open it from my bjII

is there anyone else experience this?

Chad

PS--you may also wanna try this...

Increase Ringer Volume:

navigate to (in the registry): HKCurrentUser\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\In itvol

change from 3 to 5 (anything over 5 seems to be the same volume)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest kaben
Drag the file to the My documents folder, then go to start -- applications -- file explorer and execute the file.

i tried it but now it says that there is no driver for it andit closes in its own..?

no what?

• 1 month later...
Guest cougareyes

I would advise against using this if you are running winmo 6.1, it will corrupt all your sound files and you will have to do a hard reset. Please if anyone knows of something compatible with 6.1 please post, I've done all the changes to my Blackjack 2 including registry changes and the volume is just still way too low. peace