Colored Iconbar Plugin

Guest RinkuD

Guest the_matrixx
Rinku, you're a genuis! I was hoping you could add a thing or two to complete it for my Moto Q 9h

1. Can you add a 3G bar indicator

2. Can you add SMS/email indicators

3. can you add a speakerphone indicator

Thanks a ton

i'm a little confused. i have sms/email notifications in this and i don't see how useful speakerphone would be since the plug in only works on the home screen so the only way you'd ever see it currently is if you went back to the home screen during a call.

Edited by the_matrixx

Guest lexusondubs
The plugin registers for notification with the OS. Whenever, there is a change it performs the required changes in the icons. Hence it gets activated on a "need" basis. If you have gone through the home screen documentation then you probably know that plugin dlls go through a repeatative process of loading and unloading. There is absolutely no need to keep the plugin active when there are no changes in notifications. I have followed the architecture as described, building up from the template available. So, I do not think the home screen would remain active for a longer time. At this point, I am not sure why your phone is taking a longer time to lock. You might want to search for a registry hack to reduce the autolock timeout time...presently I do not know which registry entry it is. But I am sure someone else has already done that.
is there an easier way to do this ??

RinkuD - this is off topic but I don't recall where or if there is a topic in here about your my favs mod. i really like it and am glad someone could finish it. i made figured out the beginning pieces but then got stuck. the question i have is when do the notifications or how do they refresh? i have had a missed call and an unread text message for days now.

I don't think there's a topic in here about it....there is one hidden in AllShadow. The missed call notifications gets removed when you call the contact and actually talk to it (or get to its voicemail). Message notifications are removed when you read the message. The program also runs a clean up (in case it messed up with detection) at 12:00 am every night. I am currently not looking into myfaves anymore...just waiting for the other mod posted in another thread to come out.

i'm a little confused. i have sms/email notifications in this and i don't see how useful speakerphone would be since the plug in only works on the home screen so the only way you'd ever see it currently is if you went back to the home screen during a call.

I agree on that. SMS/Email notifications are already included. Now, the notifications are read off from specific registry entries. If you are using it on a different phone, then I cannot be sure that the entries are at the same place as in the Shadow. The iconbar does not extend to all windows, so even I am not sure how the speakerphone would help.

is there an easier way to do this ??

Easier way to do....?? if you are talking about the iconbar then I am not sure. I thought registry notifications would be the best approach (with as little overhead on phone memory as possible). Would you mind sharing any ideas that you have?

Guest the dawg
I agree on that. SMS/Email notifications are already included. Now, the notifications are read off from specific registry entries. If you are using it on a different phone, then I cannot be sure that the entries are at the same place as in the Shadow. The iconbar does not extend to all windows, so even I am not sure how the speakerphone would help.

sorry my boo-boo - I missed it, and it's working like a charm - when I get a SMS or email the icon shows up.

The speakerphone is a neat thing to have, cause when I'm shifting between bluetooth and speakerphone (the way volume control works on teh moto Q is messed up, it can end up muting the speakerphone if the volume is 2 low) it's neat to know whether the speakerphone is on or not or if there's a problem with teh volume level.

The 3G again would be neat indication to have.

Guest badbob001
Hi Rinku,

Can you please post a screen shot of your plugin?

His screenshot is in the his first post and the top post of each page (which shows the first post).

Guest the_matrixx
I don't think there's a topic in here about it....there is one hidden in AllShadow. The missed call notifications gets removed when you call the contact and actually talk to it (or get to its voicemail). Message notifications are removed when you read the message. The program also runs a clean up (in case it messed up with detection) at 12:00 am every night. I am currently not looking into myfaves anymore...just waiting for the other mod posted in another thread to come out.

do you mean the one i started with the MSN Direct topic?

Guest sparky472

I just installed yesterday on my shadow - awesome program, thanks Rinku. ONe problem I am having - my signal bars are all grey, even when I have a good signal. Any ideas? Otherwsie, this is fantastic.

Guest RinkuD
I just installed yesterday on my shadow - awesome program, thanks Rinku. ONe problem I am having - my signal bars are all grey, even when I have a good signal. Any ideas? Otherwsie, this is fantastic.

sparky472, move the phone around...it should come up! Someone else in here noticed that and then reported that it started showing up as soon he took it outside his apartment.

Guest dblfstr
rinku, great plugin.

anybody having problems with the home screen failing to redraw when this plugin is installed?

i am using the updated one with the complete icon set, and when i choose the modified home screen, it locks up the home screen, and i have to pull the battery. i can still get into the start menu though, strange.

once i went back to the unmodified plugin, all was well. i also don believe i had this problem with the old plugin, but i didn't keep it very loing since the new one came out so fast.

I had this problem with the screen not redrawing as well. It was amistake on my part, or perhaps a slightly unintuitive change of code. Where is says to replace the part of the code starting with ... I assumed it meant to replace all code that follows. Apparently this was not the case. I have WM6 and the code was slightly different, the section directly below the iconbar code was the background lovation code. I had replace it by accident. When I redid the code and left that part in, only changing the iconbar part, everything worked... Man I didn't even look at the date of this post :roll:

Well that did it for me :D

Guest RinkuD
Can u add an icon to the iconbar for dialup internet?

I am working on some more notifications....will see if dial up has something on that line. Thanks.

Guest RinkuD

I have received repreated requests to add more notifications to the iconbar. So, I thought it would be a good idea to address them. Currently I have the following -

1. Network types other than G and E.

2. Messenger

3. Dial up internet

If there's someone who believes there's more that should (and can, given the space limitations) go out there, I would appreciate if you would let me know. Thank you.

I am also becoming skeptical on the issue of the icons being a part of window title bars...somewhat discouraging for me. Days of search did not give me any positive hints, if it is at all possible, less how! If anyone well versed on WM6 architecture is reading this, please do provide some pointers. Your help is much appreciated.

Guest hawaii

When using this plugin, I notice after switching my phone to Vibrate to any Profile that will invoke the vibrate icon to be shown, it becomes wildly unstable. I will do some more testing and get back to you.

Guest HuckFinn

For GPS enabled phones a GPS icon would be nice. My Q9h shows a few different GPS icons depending on the status. I also second the need for other network types - 3G and H for the Q9h. Also not sure if this is what was meant by dial-up, but the icon showing that I am tethered would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by HuckFinn

Guest RinkuD
For GPS enabled phones a GPS icon would be nice. My Q9h shows a few different GPS icons depending on the status. I also second the need for other network types - 3G and H for the Q9h. Also not sure if this is what was meant by dial-up, but the icon showing that I am tethered would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you post a few screenshots showing the different GPS icons and what they mean. I am stuck with a phone with no in-built GPS :D Also, a copy of the Q9 registry would be a great help!

Guest HuckFinn

Here are the GPS icons. The first one is pretty useless, it is just active indicating that an internal GPS is present

post-49991-1206572460_thumb.jpg

The second icon alternates between these two images. This indicates that the GPS is active and searching for a signal.

post-49991-1206572486_thumb.jpg

The last icon also alternates between two images and this indicates that the GPS is active and locked.

post-49991-1206572501_thumb.jpg

I would prefer to just have two icons show up, one say GPS for searching and GPS for locked. I really do not need to see an icon to know that I have an internal GPS.

I am willing to send you portions of my registry and or test out any versions you would like.

Guest SirKeats

is it possible to align this iconbar to the right side of the screen on the a landscape phone when using the portriat orientation (orientation 2)?

i use the orange plugin to display the time and the icon bar on the same line on my dash (landscap 320x240)... so orientation one, which takes up the entire screen width, doesn't work (some of the icons overlap the time display).

i can use orientation 2 which is a portrait orientation, but i need to be able to align it to the right side of the screen. currently it wants to align to the left side of the screen.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hawkstone

I tried installing the Landscape version on my Blackjack II, and it doesn't show up at all. I don't see the registry keys, an I'm not sure how to create them manually.

Is there a cab for the landscape version? If not, can someone please explain how to add the keys?

Thanks