CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Loaded Cameraware beta on my Tytn. Under settings, Navizon settings, Navizon enabled, navizon stats, GPS settings and check for updates are all ghosted out and cannot use. Should they be like this? I still have the original Cameraware and Navizon software on the phone, can you please advise. Do I need to download the camera database again or will it use the one downloaded for the original program. When I installed I put in Both my Cameraware and Navizon ID.

Guest nitramk
Paul,

Do you know if CamerAware works with speed cameras here in Sweden?

You should check this out micaels:

http://winmobile.se/e107_plugins/forum/for...topic.php?13244

I'm currently working on this with FULL coverage of speed cams in Sweden, and I can tell you that I am this (holding two of my fingers up :) ) close to release a public BETA of the application. So check that forum out!

Guest Paul (MVP)

In the spirit of rapid Beta development, the download in the first post is updated to Beta version 3.080115, which adds auto wifi-on off when Navizon upload is enabled (still being tweaked, please report any issues, an option to set display panel to live Navizon stats and other minor improvements.

P

Guest tsutton

Just tested the Cameraware with Navizon - no problem so far. Logged APs and Cells okay.

But just saw that you've already moved to the next release with Wifi auto-on. So will try it tomorrow. :)

Guest MadMatt2002
No problem

Create a script file with the following contents ( I use \My Documents\My Scripts\autocameraware.mscr):-

RunCheck	= 0
Application = "\Storage Card\Program Files\CamerAware 3\CamerAware3.exe"
WindowName = "CamerAware"

While (1)
HandsFreeState = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Handsfree")
If (HandsFreeState = 1 && RunCheck = 0)
ToggleDisplay(1)
SetVolume 255
Run (Application)
RunCheck = 1

EndIf

If (HandsFreeState = 0 && RunCheck = 1)
If (wndExists (WindowName))
Close(WindowName)

EndIf

SetVolume 100
RunCheck = 0

EndIf

Sleep (5000)
EndWhile[/codebox]

Then create a shortcut to that file in \Windows\Startup.

Soft reset.

RSVRover

Cheers for that.

Have you found a clean way to shutdown CA when you leave the car - using Mortscript?

Thanks again

Matt

Guest MadMatt2002
I could actually monitor state changes (such as leaving handsfree) in CA itself and exit automagically...

P

That would be great - the option to disconnect on either power being disconnected, bluetooth connection being broken or both would be great!

Concerned that shutting down with mort might not update the Navizon data properly...

Thanks

Matthew

Paul,

A little bug in 3.080115.R2

I just installed it on my Vario II. Setup the new option to show Navizon data, and hit 'Connect'. Now, my Bluetooth GPS was nowhere near and I was really just testing the Auto WiFi on, which worked (Great !). The WiFi connected to my AP since it was close. Then I tried to 'Exit' and I get 'Navizon Sync Started' but the 'spinner' just spins forever (well, I gave up after 5 mins). It does the same if instead of 'Exit' I hit 'Disconnect'. I can close the app with the 'X' but now the device is dead - both touch screen and buttons except for the power button. WiFi is still on too if that's relevant. Had to power off/on to fix. It is repeatable too.

Of course, this isn't something I'd normally do, but it could happen inadvertently. Any ideas?

I'll give it a proper go tomorrow as I've got a few hundred miles to cover. (I can just hear Brucie now "And what do points make?.... Prizes !!!")

Lee

Guest Paul (MVP)

I had this reported before, and it seems to be something to do with Navizon sync starting on GPRS, but then the WiFi becoming connected and then Navizon not returning a 'finished' state, which is a bit of a PITA as it's not my code in that case :)

I'll investigate some more...

P

Guest RSVRover
Cheers for that.

Have you found a clean way to shutdown CA when you leave the car - using Mortscript?

Thanks again

Matt

This script already does that.

Might be worth you waiting for Paul to incorporate this in his code.

RSVRover

Guest tsutton

Two issues I found with cameraware:

1) If I go to Options -> Display and selected Navizon Stats. I close it and open it, I will have two settings enabled which is navizon Stats and Odometer - see screenshot.

post-104092-1200475228_thumb.jpg

2) This may be related to issue #1 - see interface - says "Nan Miles"

post-104092-1200475223_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.