CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Are you sure you gave it long enough?

You also need to have configured the COM port in CA to be the same one as the program port in settings -> external gps.

P

Guest M1DUL
Are you sure you gave it long enough?

You also need to have configured the COM port in CA to be the same one as the program port in settings -> external gps.

P

Yes I had the program running for about 1 hour this morning and nothing showd up.

Yes I have also configured the COM port in CA to be the same one as the program port in settings -> external gps.

I have had the Navizon program running for about 5 Mins and it has now got 2 APS.

I have also noticed that some othe people are having the same problem on this Fourm aswell.

Guest katieC

What about if we get an error message when using Navizon but not CA, that says "your navizon API key is invalid" when I wasn't getting that message yesterday? Does that mean the key used in CA is also invalid? And how would I change/update that?

thanks

K

Guest mwright
From Navizon:

So it SHOULD be fixed?

P

Well - it is not for me!

2500 a/ps - 30 cells logged and not a sniff of a point!

Now I KNOW tha some of those were "virgin territory" although most of it was old stuff.

However I would have expected to get a point or two.

Guest Andy1984UK

Sorry to jump in. I need some help please.. Im new to all things gadgety like this..

I've purchased the Modaco plus last night and I've installed CamerAware (2.071105). I've requested the serial code from Paul (still waiting :D )

Do I also have to download and install Navizon or is that now built into CamerAware?

Do I also put in my Modaco username and password in the Settings -> Upload Settings section?.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's built into CamerAware, no need to install. And yes, if you want to use tracking, that's where your MoDaCo details go.

Working on the new v3 manual to be released soon!

P

Guest Andy1984UK
It's built into CamerAware, no need to install. And yes, if you want to use tracking, that's where your MoDaCo details go.

Working on the new v3 manual to be released soon!

P

Thanks! very speedy response. I've put my Modaco details in so if i now drive around i can start earning navizon points? or am i missing something?

Guest Paul (MVP)

You need to enter your Navizon details in the Navizon settings too (sign up here).

That said, the points system appears to be a bit broken at the moment, but please do see how it works out!

P

Guest Andy1984UK
You need to enter your Navizon details in the Navizon settings too (sign up here).

I've signed up to Navizon but I cant find anywhere to put the Navizon settings on CA.

Bet people like me make you want to hurry up and get that dummies guide out.

p.s thanks for the serial codes Paul

Guest kjt57
I've signed up to Navizon but I cant find anywhere to put the Navizon settings on CA.

Bet people like me make you want to hurry up and get that dummies guide out.

p.s thanks for the serial codes Paul

Go to options- settings- Navizon settings- then put in your Navizon user name and password

Guest Andy1984UK
Go to options- settings- Navizon settings- then put in your Navizon user name and password

It doesn't have that option. Just states:

Speed in MPH

Speed in KMH

-----

Upload Settings

Upload Enabled

-----

GPS Settings

-----

Expert Mode

-----

Check for update

-----

About

In the upload settings option it asks for Modaco.com login details.

Application 2.071105

Thanks

And im using a TYTN II

Guest Andy1984UK
You have the old build.

figures. just dl it last night. Thanks. I'm sure i'll be able to manage it now.

Thanks all for your help.

Guest bribar
Basically, CA uses the Navizon internals via their API, so if Navizon works, CA should work!

P

Paul,

I had some spare time this evening and following the strange things that have been happening to our points lately I fancied doing an experiment :D SO, for your information -

I've just been out for a drive to an area near me which has many miles of never before covered roads by anyone using Navizon (I checked for a route of approximately 10 miles of country roads before I left this evening).

I had with me:

1. CA3 RC4 (Navizon sync enabled) running on my Hermes with a 3 SIM in it (my usual setup which has worked fine until last week).

2. My imate SP5 (T-Mobile SIM) running Navizon.

3. A mate's Orange SPV c600 (Orange SIM) running Navizon.

When I got home about 1.5 hours ago I manually synced all 3 handsets, the CA3 one first, one after the other and have just logged into Navizon's rewards page and the "My Data" map pages to see what has been uploaded.

1. The CA3 data is not showing at all - no 3 cells anywhere along my route. (I logged 55 cells and 315 APs on this device)

2. & 3. The T-Mobile and Orange cells are showing all along my route where earlier this evening there were no cells at all.

Obvoiusly this doesn't prove anything but I thought it may be useful in finding out what the problem is with CA or Navizon's system.

I really enjoy using CA and earning points whilst driving so I hope this helps in some way.

BB

Guest katieC

Which might explain why when I was using both programs on 1 phone simultaneously, the Navizon program gave me the error message "you are using an invalid API" when I tried to sync, but when I used the program alone the next trip I didn't get the message, without my reloading the program? Could the CA API be used preferentially even though the Navizon one was on the phone too? Weird.

Guest bigdish

Hi

For time being use Navizon - log and get rewards.

The prob must be with the API and Paul will be pi** off with this continuing problem.

FYI I logged with Navizon and CA RC4 today.

Navizon ok (data on map and rewards showed within minutes)

CA3 lost ? (no data shown on map after sync and no rewards)

r

Andrew

Guest katieC

And now neither work, as the passwords have all changed on Navizon, both accepting for login with Navizon on PC and Mobile.

Oh, now its fixed

Edited by katieC

Guest Paul (MVP)

As soon as this is fixed CamerAware version 3 will have a full release, but still waiting on Navizon and off on hols today! :D

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

From Navizon:

We are working on fixing this problem for the latest version of the API. As soon as it is fixed on the new one (probably later today) I will let you know.

Trying to clarify the status of points logged in the meantime...

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.